Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 1 decade ago

bike fitting?

i'm 5'7, and need to find a bike, what size do i need to get?

Favorite Answer

It depends. Here is a site that will give you a suggested size in which to start trying frames. You will have to do some body measurements first.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=FIT_...

This site also has a mountain bike home page, but I’ve only used the road “Fit Calculator.”

Also try the manufacturer’s website of whatever bike brand you're looking at. I know Fuji bikes has a “height-to-frame” sizing chart. http://www.fujibikes.com/2007/pdf/fit_guide.pdf (Link to PDF file of sizing chart). Just keep in mind that those are guidelines, not facts.

In the end, it is what feels most comfortable. Just keep in mind that if you're going for your first road bike it is more of a stretched out position than a regular cruiser. But you should never feel pain or discomfort while riding.

Also check out www.bikeforums.net if you should have more questions. It's a good forum that I've found helpful.

every bike company sizes their bike their own way

best bet is to stop in a local bike shop and talk to them and also sit on some and see what feels right to you

I'm not sure how road bikes fit but when it somes to mountain

you could be some where like a 16 or 17...or ...small-Med

Source(s): I'm 5'5'' and I ride 15-16, and smalls

Mountain bike 15-16"

hybrid 15-16"

Standard road frame 52-54 cm

Compact road frame small

All sizes measured centre to top. (centre of cranks to top of seat post) Very rough guide only. Best way to know for sure is to go to a shop and get measured up.

it can depend on the type of bike and brand, but for a road bike you are probably around a 54cm or 56.