Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

What does "Ole" mean?

I know this is silly, I know only the basic Spanish, but my kids have asked me what "Ole'" means, and I can't find it anywhere.

Best Answer

o·lé /oʊˈleɪ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[oh-ley] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–interjection 1. (used as a shout of approval, triumph, or encouragement).

–noun 2. a cry of “olé.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: < Sp (h)ole, prob. of expressive orig.]

o·lé (ō-lā') Pronunciation Key

interj. Used to express excited approval.

n. A cry of "olé."

• zell

Ole Definition

• elidia

What Does Ole Mean

Ole Miss means Old Mississippi. "Ole Bessy been giving milk for 10 years now. Time to turn her into steaks." Or "Ole Miss is okay if you can't go to a real college."

Hello..

Ole is a word that comes from Arabic that means Bravo.. you say it during Bull runs to encourage a Matador to do a good job.. some Spaniards use it ( once in a while) to show that you´ve done a good job.. They Say , " Ole, muy bien" ( not all Spaniards say this but like i said that's what that means.. so you can tell your kids what it means.. and hopefully they will get a better understanding of OLE!

Take care.....

Bcn_mimosa from Barcelona, Spain

Olé is used in soccer or any sport where one person performs a great feat of skill and then screams Olé!! to humiliate the person they did it against. It is more commonly used in soccer when someone achieves a nutmeg or panna

"You should have seen my piece of skill, I put the ball through this guys legs and just screamed Olé afterwards"

"I Olé d him to **** today"

and what does Ole mean as in "Ole Miss" ??

Ole as in Ole Miss, not ole'

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What does &quot;Ole&quot; mean?

I know this is silly, I know only the basic Spanish, but my kids have asked me what &quot;Ole&#39;&quot; means, and I can&#39;t find it anywhere.

Source(s): quot ole quot mean: https://shortly.im/d2dpb

A term of endearment indicating longivity:

My ole-dad took us fishing every weekend.

Ole Miss is a great school.

daDean

Ole comes from Arabic( wallah) literally means by God , it is equivalent to Bravo, it is an encourging word that Arabs use even today when admiring or encourging someone or something , the word in Arabic has different variation (ya allah \ allah \ wallah).