Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

What does "Ole" mean?

I know this is silly, I know only the basic Spanish, but my kids have asked me what "Ole'" means, and I can't find it anywhere.

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

o·lé /oʊˈleɪ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[oh-ley] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–interjection 1. (used as a shout of approval, triumph, or encouragement).

–noun 2. a cry of “olé.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: < Sp (h)ole, prob. of expressive orig.]

o·lé (ō-lā') Pronunciation Key

interj. Used to express excited approval.

n. A cry of "olé."

• zell
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Ole Definition

• elidia
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

What Does Ole Mean

• 5 years ago

Ole Miss means Old Mississippi. "Ole Bessy been giving milk for 10 years now. Time to turn her into steaks." Or "Ole Miss is okay if you can't go to a real college."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Hello..

Ole is a word that comes from Arabic that means Bravo.. you say it during Bull runs to encourage a Matador to do a good job.. some Spaniards use it ( once in a while) to show that you´ve done a good job.. They Say , " Ole, muy bien" ( not all Spaniards say this but like i said that's what that means.. so you can tell your kids what it means.. and hopefully they will get a better understanding of OLE!

Take care.....

Bcn_mimosa from Barcelona, Spain

• 4 years ago

Olé is used in soccer or any sport where one person performs a great feat of skill and then screams Olé!! to humiliate the person they did it against. It is more commonly used in soccer when someone achieves a nutmeg or panna

"You should have seen my piece of skill, I put the ball through this guys legs and just screamed Olé afterwards"

"I Olé d him to **** today"

• 5 years ago

and what does Ole mean as in "Ole Miss" ??

• 5 years ago

Ole as in Ole Miss, not ole'

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What does &quot;Ole&quot; mean?

I know this is silly, I know only the basic Spanish, but my kids have asked me what &quot;Ole&#39;&quot; means, and I can&#39;t find it anywhere.

Source(s): quot ole quot mean: https://shortly.im/d2dpb
  • 5 years ago

A term of endearment indicating longivity:

My ole-dad took us fishing every weekend.

Ole Miss is a great school.

daDean

• 6 years ago

Ole comes from Arabic( wallah) literally means by God , it is equivalent to Bravo, it is an encourging word that Arabs use even today when admiring or encourging someone or something , the word in Arabic has different variation (ya allah \ allah \ wallah).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.