Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

spinal tap?

ok so i have heard some songs apparently by spinal tap. but when i look them up it says they are a fictitious band. are there any songs by them .where can I get them, and what are their album names and what are the musician names?

thanx

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Spinal Tap stated out as a fictitious band, but the actors who formed that band actually do play, record and appear at concerts under the name Spinal Tap.

They consisted of comedians who used to play together for fun. They came up with the idea for the movie while jamming. They recorded the music on the soundtrack themselves and got such a good response that, several years later, they recorded a 2nd album and started playing gigs.

The key band members are portrayed by Michael McKean (as David St. Hubbins), Christopher Guest (as Nigel Tufnel) and Harry Shearer (as Derek Smalls). They first appeared in a 1978 ABC comedy special, The TV Show.

Albums:

This Is Spinal Tap

Break Like The Wind

Break Like The Wind Mark II

Ultra Rare Tap, Volume 11

Two-In-One

Turn The Dial To 11

None More Black

• 1 decade ago

It is a fictcious band, but they came out with a soundtrcak for the movie

Their albums are This is Spinal Tap and Break Like the Wind (they acually have real songs that were made and these songs were acually good, which is why alot of people get the movie and band confused, cause people acually listen to the music of the ficticious band)

The actors were Michael McKean, Christopher Guest and Harry Shearer but their characters names/names of the band members are David St, Hubbins, Nigel Tufnel and Derek Smalls

• 1 decade ago

they're actually a made-up band from the movie This Is Spinal Tap. That is a very funny movie. My favorite songs by them are Stonehenge and Sex Farm

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it was originally a fictitious movie documentry making poking fun at heavy metal bands

all the members in the movie did preform all of the music in the movie i dont know if they wrote the songs thought

I beilive in the 90s the guys from the movie went on tour and actually preformed the songs live

SPINAL TAP rules

i like the song Stonehenge

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • It's a movie ... and the reason I bought an amp that goes up to 11

• 3 years ago

Does the jonas brother on the left have down syndrome? And why does the single in the middle look puerto rican whilst the others do not?! wager their mom replaced into sound asleep around....

• 1 decade ago

http://imdb.com/title/tt0088258/

Spinal Tap ^ on IMDb.com

• 1 decade ago

It's actually a film!! This is Spinal Tap. Very funny - their drummers always disppear or die in mysterious ways!!! sadly dunno the names of the band

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They are fictitous..the movie is hilarious...check it out! I'm pretty sure there is a soundtrack!

• 1 decade ago

just check out this link dude =D

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.