lily asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Girls only, please. Help?

K i'm 13 years old and i've already gotten my period. (i've only had it about 3 or 4 times...) but i didn't have it last month, or this month, and also a couple months back . is this normal? should i be worried?

Favorite Answer

Your 13, it can come and go for the first year or so until you have it regularly. Youshould tell your mom or school nurse or something. TRUST me, they will not think anything wierd of you. This is normal and you should not be afraid to talk to another woman about it. But yes, it will take a little time before it becomes regular.

Since this is your first year with your period, irregularity is normal. I am 13 as well and I got mine when I was 12 the same thing happened to me I would get it one month then not again maybe for another 2 months. This happens beacause your body is getting used to the changes going on with it. It may take up to 2 years for your cycle to become regular.

However if you are having intercourse which I hope your not you could be pregnant. But I doubt this very much. Also if you don't get your period for a long time talk to your mom or doctor, beacuse soemthing maybe going on then.

Hope this helps and good luck with your monthly vistior :)

JESS

im 15 and i got my period when i was 12.

it usually takes a year or two for your period to come regularly. i had my first period then didnt have another one for 2 months. its really normal so don't worry.

When a girl first gets her period it needs time to regulate its self. You shouldn't worry about having a regular period until you turn 16 or become sexualy active.

Once I started I never skipped one. I'm not sure if its normal or not, but why not ask a doctor, or look in your phone book for a heath info line, you can ask nurses over the phone. I'm sure it will be nothing to worry about. But you'll feel better once you hear it from a professional.

this is normal. your period wont become routine until about a year or two. so get used to the on and offness of your period. but dont worry itll be over soon.

It is VERY normal to not be regular for the first year Don't worry.

Since you only started about not even a year ago, it's fine. Unless you know your NOT pregnant, don't worry. Your not completely regular yet.

[:

• ogg08

every parent knows this answer... it is typical to start off that way... it may take months or years before your body becomes regular...so, no worries.... an uncle to many nieces... and a parent to one five year old boy...

It's normal because your period is not steady yet. It will be though. You shouldn't be worried.