i received an email supposedly from yahoo saying that i won money. they want my account info. is this real?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Sure. You know how easy it is to win contests that you actually enter? Well it's even easier to win contests that you've never entered. That's why you get so many e-mails telling you that you've won.

Also, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and superheroes are real. The bible tells the real story of the creation of earth, Clinton didn't have sex with any of those women, Bush believed there were WMD's in Iraq, and the check's in the mail.

• 4 years ago

Oooooh, sorry about that, your payment approval was sent to Africa. If you will only pay us umpty dollars, or pounds, or francs, or whatever, we'll get it straightened out for you. Yeah, right. And I'm going to be dancing with Tom Hanks on Dancing with the Stars next week! Spam is spam - it's unsolicited email that you never should have opened. You haven't won a prize because the Yahoo/Hotmail Lottery doesn't exist.

• 1 decade ago

Nope sounds like a scam. and i would contact yahoo , if you still have email i would forward it too them also. If memory serves me correctly yahoo would never ask for your account info. hope this helps.

• 1 decade ago

Think grasshopper.....Yahoo sends you an email and asks for your account info....Common sense says no

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No, no and let me say it again, no

Even though it seems to be coming from Yahoo. absolutely a scam.

Delete and don't waste another second on it

• anand
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

its fake...just think logically why the hell will someone distribute you with money....my frined apparently got a similar mail from microsoft malayasia ...and he was planning to go their go collect his prize money on further replying their mails he was asked to send money to some addres via: western union....hahaha...on further verification malaysian embasssy also denied any such lottery thing....

so chill if you want to play around replying with the mail go ahead....but do not make any payment online...do not give your bank or credit card details...do not make cash payments...if you get the money(99.999% chances you wont) donate it as charity...;) god bless

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Scan, call yahoo customer service: 1-866-7219 now.

• 1 decade ago

Don't trust it and report it to Yahoo customer care as soon as possible.

• 1 decade ago

DON'T BE STUPID,, never ever give bank account info to unsolicited e-mails unless you want your bank account emptied

• 1 decade ago

no

mark it as SPAM to inform Yahoo of the scam...

and/or forward it to spam@yahoo.com -- especially if it didn't actually come from a Yahoo address.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.