Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

小橘 asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

請問英文文法問題喔 老師教我當一下英文老師 但我對於文法有疑

One explanation, thousands of years old, was given by the ancient

Chinese-the first to use acupuncture.

各位大大可以幫我清晰的解釋一下這句文法結構!!

2 Answers

Rating
  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

One explanation, thousands of years old, was given by the ancient

Chinese-the first to use acupuncture.

整個句子的文法重點就是"同位語".

"thousands of years old"是"one explanation"的同位語.

"the first to use acupuncture"是"the ancient Chinese"的同位語.

因為同位語的目的是補充說明名詞用, 跟補語有密切的關係, 只要是名詞或形容詞的單字, 片語或子句都可以擔任.

Mr. Smith is my English teacher. => Mr. Smith, my English teacher, comes from America. (名詞)

Mr. Smith is tall and handsome. => Mr. Smith, tall and handsome, is still single. (形容詞)

上兩句也可以以子句的方式表示,

Mr. Smith, who is my English teacher, comes from America.

Mr. Smith, who is tall and handsome, is still single.

"thousands of years old"是一個形容詞片語, 以old為關鍵字.

"the first to use acupuncture"是名詞片語, first是形容詞, 以the first來代替"the first ones" 或 "the first people", 屬複數, 用法就如同 "The rich should help the poor." "to use acupuncture"是形容詞片語修飾the first (ones/people).

以子句的方式來改寫這兩個同位語, 就成

One explanation, which is thousands of years old, was given by the ancient Chinese, who were the first to use acupuncture.

至於 the ancient Chinese - the first to use acupuncture

用dash (-)而不用comma (,)目的是強調, 可能是有使用針灸的經驗的人所提出的見解(explanation)有比較高的可信度, 必須有更多內容才能判斷.

Source(s): myself
  • 1 decade ago

我不知道你這句是不是正確的 因為我看起來是有點不太對

要是我 在不更動原本句意下 我會改成

One explanation, thousands of years ago, was given by the ancient Chinese - first using acupuncture

這是被動式 還原成主動的話 可以改成

Thousands of years ago, the ancient Chinese, first using acupuncture, gave one explanation.

但改成有關係子句會更好

Thousands of years ago, the ancient Chinese who first used acupuncture gave one explanation.

而用我的改回被動式

One explanation, thousands of years ago, was given by the ancient Chinese who first used acupuncture.

所以意思應該是

數千年前 首先使用針灸的中國古人給了一個答案(解釋)

如果以原句翻譯的話

一個解釋,數千年前,被給, 藉由中國古人- 首先使用針灸

所以要說明的話應該是要說

One explanation一個解釋, thousands of years old數千年前(時間副詞可以擺句首 句中 句尾), was given被給 by the ancient

Chinese被誰給? 被中國古人給-the first to use acupuncture首先使用針灸 誰使用針灸? 中國古人使用針灸.

Source(s): by 豪氏全球國際企業總部 翻譯課
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.