How does one in the state of IL get a handicap sticker for their rearview mirror?

I'm in the process of applying for disability and I'm having a real hard time getting around and walking long distances is getting really difficult

Favorite Answer

Hi,

I am an Illinois resident and have went through this process with my grandma. What you need to do is go to the Secretary of States office and get the paperwork, there are some parts you will need to fill out then you need to take it to your doctor's office and they will fill out the required part, then you mail the forms to Springfield and you will recieve your placecard for your mirror. Hope this helped. Good luck.

Go to the Secretary of States office, (Drivers liscense facility) in your town and ask for a application for a disability sticker. Then take the application to your Doctor and ask him/her to fill out their portion of your application and you fill in all other information required by state and then mail it to Secretary of States office in Springfield. This process takes a few weeks and both you and your Doctor could be held liable if not filled out honestly.

Contact your motor vehicle department and get the form,

take the form to your doctor and have him fill it out. Once

the form is completed by the doctor take it back to the

motor vehicle department and get your placard.