Anonymous

do you think it is o.k. for southerners to take pride in their great heritage by flying the confederate flag?

for those who are too young to know the flag i am talking about, here is an image of it...........

http://mariesgiftshop.com/images/afghans/Miscellan...

• Cassie
    Favorite Answer

sure it is if we are proud of our heritage why is it wrong to show it off .. Altho some folks may say the Confederate flag is about racism but they are just uninformed *** holes

• Veruca

Yes I think it is perfectly fine. I am from southern Heritage, and I own a confederate flag. Sometimes *gasp* I fly it!

The flag you pictured, however, is just the confederate war flag, even though it is what most prideful southerners fly.

Somehow I ended up in utah and so I get a lot of crap when I mention the conferate flag... but yes as you said it is GREAT heritage.

Yes. I take great pride in flying both the Confederate Battle Flag and the Confederate National Flag.

We'll most people think the flag of Dixie is the confederate flag. The flag of dixie was used as a battle flag, but the flag that was the official flag of the confederates was blue with a cotton stock on it. That is the flag that represents slavery. The flag of dixie was carreid into battle by black southerners as well, there where black soldiers who fought for the south for the promise of freedom. So I guess its up to each person and what it means to them,

yes it is ok.i'm a white female,(age 13,) i live in florida and you see that flag every where. it's not because we are racist it's because we are proud of our southern life/heritage.(and to be rednecks)

the flag stands for more than what people up north really think.

so yes, it is ok to be proud of flying our confederate flag( or better known as Rebel Flag)

we fly it high in the sky everyday.( i also have one pinned to my wall along with the american flag and florida flag.)

• I'm southern, and I'm going to have to say yes if people choose to wear it or hang it in their house so be it. But I don't want to see it at court houses or other public places, because it doesn't represent all of america and it's a reminder of when the nation was divided in two (northern and southern), now that we have united the standard flag is the preferred choice.

I'm probably more Southern than any of the people who fly that flag, as I'm half Eastern Band Cherokee. We've been in the Southeast for thousands of years, and I don't even see that flag as a symbol that relates to my culture and history. It isn't really as Southern as the shell gorgets, mounds and so on.

If you're going to be proud to be Southeastern, at least get something that's REALLY Southeastern. Like this...

http://cobalt.rocky.edu/~moakm/220gorget.JPG

Anything else was just dragged over here.

I don't care if they do it or not, but that was in the past maybe they should just forget about it and put the flag up... and it's funny the same people that are proudly flying their flag would quickly tell a black person to stop talking about slavery lmao

Don't downsize the thoughts of kids I I know that. I also know that this is wrong and offensive. No offense but people need to get over the fact that the Civil War is over and the Union won. I am sure many others agree that this action is offensive. I am not saying that you can not take pride in your beliefs but you do not have to boost about it which could be offensive to others.

• Steven

Why would they take pride in something so wrong?

that is ridiculous and most of us Southern boys would like to forget a time when we were so foolish.