Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

Why are people who wave the confederate flags shouted down as traitors yet those who fly foriegn flags are?

Last time I checked it is just as Un American to fly the confederate flag around yet people support it.

The Brain I live in Northern NY and I see people flying the colors of the Confederacy. At the annual NASCAR race at watkins glen I see about a confederate flag once every twenty or thirty feet.

Actually the confederate flag was a flag to represent the Southern Portion of the USA that wanted to seperate from the USA. You know not want to be part of the USA.

Favorite Answer

I have no problem with the Confederate flag. Southern people should be proud of their heritage.

Depends on why they are flying the confederate flag. It is an intimidating symbol for black people. If they refuse to provide polite and friendly service to such people in the restaurant then this could be a problem. On the other hand just because someone displays some confederate pride is no reason to shut him down.

I agree with having pride in your heritage, but in most cases that's not why the people who do it, do it. Most people who are 'parading around' the flag of another country are supporting the heritage of where they or their ancestors are from.

Also, the Confederate Flag represents a time in our nations history that is important to remember, but not to flaunt. At the risk of stereotyping, most. not all, but most people who are sporting their Confederate Flag, aren't doing it because they're proud to be from the south, it's because they have a genuine belief in what that flag stood for when it was the 'symbol of the south'

Source(s): My opinion, sorry if I offended anyone.

Well, basically it is because of lack of knowledge.... I think that

that flag gets a bad rap because of the "Skinheads, Nazi's,

and other people, "white supremacy" groups wrap themselves

in the confederate flag."......I think that it is just a flag to show

your "Southern Heritage".....Just like you see some blacks that have the black, green, and red plates on their vehicles.

Does that mean that they "hate whites".....maybe, but I don't

think so or hope not. Or any other people that are proud of their heritage and fly a flag or have a plate on their vehicle.....

I fly the "stars and bars" and have many black friends......

Source(s): "Life ain't nothin' but a tire-swing"......

Remember those principles that are supposed to be the founding and enduring ones of this country. Those who try to legislate in theor personal religion, their personal viewpoint, their personal prejudice, do more harm than a billion practicing those founding principles of thinking, finding out, speaking out, practicing their own religion, and protecting the right of others to do the same.

A flag is just a piece of cloth. It has no intrinsic value and never will. It is what the flag symbolizes that is important. And the right of those people who fly other flags to do so is part of what the US flag symbolizes. To call them "un-American" is to go against the principles that make the United States what it is supposed to be. To call them "un-American" is to be un-American.

Source(s): personal opinion of a veteran

The Rebel flag is a symbol of civil war.

Foreign flags usually denote that the waver is from another country, or likes said country, or just likes the flag.

It's not unpatriotic to enjoy other countries.

Like the t-shirt says, I love my country, but I think we should start seeing other people.

the Confederate flag is a part of American history,it means nothing else(to the dismay of democrat/liberals) although they try and associate it to slavery(but it was democrats that fought the republican action to free slaves),and most times it is Republican hillbilly's that fly the flag(according to democrat/liberals) to hide their true actions during the struggles by republicans to free slaves against the objections of democrat slave owners,now they will support foreign flags to fly on American soil,but will not allow a flag that is part of American history to fly,because it reminds democrats that they were the true slave owners of the time,not republicans who fought and died to free slaves!

Source(s): is it not funny how republicans fought to free slaves,and democrat fought to keep slaves(civil war),but now blacks support democrats the true slave owners,and blacks believe that republicans were the slave owners how did democrats/liberals manage that lie,and black leaders support the democrat lie?

to those who have problem with trhe confederate flag I say move to another nation , and im not speaking racially just saying

stfu already

• LEE DA

If I wave Israel's flag, would you call me a traitor as well?

yes, but only in the deep south.