I want to work in a morgue/coroners office.What classes should i take?

Death happens, I've always found it very interesting and exciting. For a long time i've wanted to work with dead bodies, but i don't know where to start.Please help.

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You can take a mortuary science course to be a mortician--you would need to check your state--there aren't too many. To be an assistant in a ME morgue; there are autopsy assistants, and workers who are often pre-med students. Coroners investigators are often criminal justice/criminalistics program grads or from the police dept. Google "autopsy assistant" and you will get a whole list of qualifications. Generally it is a science background (anatomy, physiology etc)

  • 1 decade ago

    There are actually majors in mortuary science. Look them up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.