Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

some one who knows really much about ACE FREHLEY?

i've been playing guitar for a little less than a year and i need help. i need to know what type of classes he got as a child i mean what type of music he started to play like blues,rock, please help i know he plays a special type of style of music help!!!!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • RIFF
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ace never took a formal lesson in his life. He did watch alot of other guitarists techniques and basically incorporated alot of what he observed into his own playing. He does like bluesy-type rock guitar when he's not playing with KISS. Ace was alot better of a guitar player than he was ever given credit for, but Gene and Paul had big egos and didn't want Ace to really rip the fretboard up. Paul was obviously jealous of Ace's playing ability which is why Ace walked again after the reunion was only two years old. Ace could fly up and down the guitar. KISS woul've been known as more of a guitar band if Gene and Paul would've stepped out of Ace's way and let him do his thing.

• 1 decade ago

Ace Frehley did not have any lessons when he was a child. Ace spent most of his youth in a street gang called The Duckies... Only after getting an Electric Guitar for christmas one year did he really start getting involved in music. Ace has Credited guitarists such as Pete Townshend and Jeff Beck as his major musical influences......

• 1 decade ago

Not too much to tell. The Frehley's were a musical family and I believe Ace is self taught.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.