Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Do you agree that what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger?

What does your experience say?

• Ripper
    Favorite Answer

No. That is a quote by Nietzsche and is more meant for life experiences, like a year without a job, a true love leaving you, surviving a war, or sending time in prison. Also its not just surviving it’s taking something from the experience that gives you a better insight or view of the world, a better understanding that gives you a edge on someone that has not have troubles in there life. It’s not supposed to be based on driving fast, drinking or drugs. But to be honest in some situations it could be.

I say yes, but thats only if you learn from the experiences you encounter. If you just get burned out on all of the bad experiences and the hard part of life, it will eventually make your life worse and you could say its "killing you." But, if you learn from your life experiences and take the good out of all experiences, then you will only have one choice and thats be stronger and more knowledgable.

• Ann S

In my case and some others, YES. However, I know other people who can not be a productive or even satisfied part of society. If they have an illness, they shut down. It's very sad.

More likely than not! I hate testing that one though, I am strong enough, I've had more than my share of near deaths!

Yep. :)

damn str8.