Big Brother Emily Racist?

Hey there i am absolutely disgusted at Emily's choice of words used when dancing with Charlie in Big Brother...it will be shown tonight EVERYONE WATCH OK! I am a young black woman and to be honest i felt completely appauled as she said 'N****r' for no reason...it had no relation to anything at all. I dont feel that anyone should use the term N****r...even though black people sometimes use it amongst each other it is more offensive when someone of a race other than black uses it...but its still worng for black people to use it too. It is a digusting word tranformed from ***** to put us blacks down so no matter where its coming from its wrong....you don't hear other races calling each other derogitary terms to refer to one another...THINK ABOUT IT! (sorry if i offend anyone) do you hear asian people callin each other P**I no you dont...so stop doing it. Whats your opinion and y?

This question is not for anyone racist!

• ShoCh
    Favorite Answer

Times have changed and young people do not seem to know where this word originated from and the shocking history that is associated with the use of it. They hear it in music constantly and - yeah, no doubt they say it to each other on a daily basis (white kids AND black kids) to be 'funny' and maybe a little dangerous. It is not said to belittle or to hurt - they say it to be 'street'.

I doubt they have any knowledge of how black people were treated - after all some of their best mates are black - they probably couldn't even comprehend a time where, if they walked down the street together they would be abused. If a white woman married a black man (or vice-versa) they would be social pariahs.

They're not out of control bigots, they're uninformed. They no doubt know buggar-all about the horrors of the holocaust as well.

Don't forget - we are dealing with the MTV generation here. They can be silly, they can be shallow but they are probably a million times LESS racist than people of their same age were 100, 50, 20, even 10 years ago!

Give them a break. Don't make them scapegoats, teach them some historical facts (teach it to the black and the white kids -after all they all sit side by side in the same classrooms now).

I think Big Brother overreacted and Emily should have been given a warning. She shouldn't have been removed. She would have probably been evicted on Friday anyway.

Since they took Emily out, they should have made Ziggy stand in front of the group and nominate someone along with Shabnam, have an eviction on Saturday, and let the two new men enter the house.

Well, I'll admit i havent seen Big Brother but yeah, that extremely stupid. People of different races and communities like the deaf and blind, fought for years not to be called certain things but unfortunately, not everyone see it that way like that redneck idiot.

It's funny how different a word can be just because someone of a different race uses it.

dont listen to the guy in the 1st comment hes just a racist sonava ***** who dosnt deserve life

and i really hope he dies

im mixed with black and italian when ever some one calles me a ****** whitch rarely happens i whoop there *** u should try it belive me it works they sure stop =]

that guy in the 1st ansewer i wish i knew him i would ******* make him my *****

why would you want to support something this negative?