Bartending school and those bartending classified ads -- worth it?

I'm a 24-year-old grad student looking for summer work and possibly some extra cash during the year, and I'm interested in getting a job bartending. I have no real experience serving besides bartending for a friends' charity party (not for pay and we had a set list of drinks). So I have two... show more I'm a 24-year-old grad student looking for summer work and possibly some extra cash during the year, and I'm interested in getting a job bartending. I have no real experience serving besides bartending for a friends' charity party (not for pay and we had a set list of drinks). So I have two questions:

1) Is bartending school worth it? Both in terms of the possible connections and in terms of learning how to make drinks, etc. I don't have a lot of money right now, so I'm not sure how I would pay for the classes but I'm also not sure how I'd get a job without them.

2) Has anyone gone through those "Bartenders Wanted -- no Experience necessary -- we train" classified ads I see everywhere (they're usually run through the AAN-CAN company, I think)? Is it a scam?

Thanks so much. Answers for either or both questions would be great!!!!