DAR
Lv 7
DAR asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

Do you want to see how they voted?

http://www.fox10tv.com/global/story.asp?s=6626207

"The 49-48 roll call by which the Senate passed an amendment to the proposed immigration overhaul that would end a temporary worker program after five years.

On this vote, a "yes" vote was a vote to end the program after five years and a "no" vote was a vote against adding this time limit to the program.

Voting "yes" were 37 Democrats, 11 Republicans and one independent.

Voting "no" were 10 Democrats, 37 Republicans and one independent.

Alabama

Sessions (R) Yes; Shelby (R) Yes.>

Louisiana

Landrieu (D) Yes; Vitter (R) Yes.

Mississippi

Cochran (R) No; Lott (R) No.

Georgia

Chambliss (R) No; Isakson (R) No.

Florida

Martinez (R) No; Nelson (D) Yes."

This was a key vote because it cracked the coalition, conspiracy (pick your word) to hold together core agreement to pass the bill. They are hoping to 'resolve' it, but haven't yet.

Did yours vote for or against? What do you think?

Update:

Unfortunately, this only has the votes from Alabama and its neighbors. When I see the others, I'll post it.

Update 2:

If one of you sees the full roll call first, could you post it? I know Feinstein voted against the amendment (to preserve the bargain to get Agjobs, but Boxer voted for it.)

Update 3:

Angela, are you kidding? McCain should take a break from the campaign trail to vote? Heaven forbid. (And given this legislation, REALLY heaven forbid...)

Update 4:

OK, here's the rest: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070607/ap_on_go_co/se...

Democrats Yes

Baucus, Mont.; Bayh, Ind.; Biden, Del.; Bingaman, N.M.; Boxer, Calif.; Brown, Ohio; Byrd, W.Va.; Cardin, Md.; Casey, Pa.; Clinton, N.Y.; Conrad, N.D.; Dorgan, N.D.; Durbin, Ill.; Feingold, Wis.; Harkin, Iowa; Inouye, Hawaii; Klobuchar, Minn.; Kohl, Wis.; Landrieu, La.; Lautenberg, N.J.; Leahy, Vt.; Levin, Mich.; McCaskill, Mo.; Menendez, N.J.; Mikulski, Md.; Murray, Wash.; Nelson, Fla.; Nelson, Neb.; Obama, Ill.; Reed, R.I.; Reid, Nev.; Rockefeller, W.Va.; Schumer, N.Y.; Stabenow, Mich.; Tester, Mont.; Webb, Va.; Wyden, Ore.

Democrats No

Akaka, Hawaii; Cantwell, Wash.; Carper, Del.; Feinstein, Calif.; Kennedy, Mass.; Kerry, Mass.; Lincoln, Ark.; Pryor, Ark.; Salazar, Colo.; Whitehouse, R.I.

Democrats Not Voting

Dodd, Conn.; Johnson, S.D.

Republicans Yes

Update 5:

Bunning, Ky.; Corker, Tenn.; DeMint, S.C.; Dole, N.C.; Enzi, Wyo.; Inhofe, Okla.; Sessions, Ala.; Shelby, Ala.; Sununu, N.H.; Thune, S.D.; Vitter, La.

Republicans No

Alexander, Tenn.; Allard, Colo.; Bennett, Utah; Bond, Mo.; Brownback, Kan.; Burr, N.C.; Chambliss, Ga.; Coburn, Okla.; Cochran, Miss.; Coleman, Minn.; Collins, Maine; Cornyn, Texas; Craig, Idaho; Crapo, Idaho; Domenici, N.M.; Ensign, Nev.; Graham, S.C.; Grassley, Iowa; Gregg, N.H.; Hagel, Neb.; Hatch, Utah; Hutchison, Texas; Isakson, Ga.; Kyl, Ariz.; Lott, Miss.; Lugar, Ind.; Martinez, Fla.; McCain, Ariz.; McConnell, Ky.; Murkowski, Alaska; Roberts, Kan.; Smith, Ore.; Snowe, Maine; Specter, Pa.; Stevens, Alaska; Voinovich, Ohio; Warner, Va.

Others Yes

Sanders, Vt.

Others No

Lieberman, Conn.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There is a website that is refreshed every 20 minutes on Senate votes. Several different grouping options available. Three more votes since that one have been posted now.

• Login to reply the answers
  • DJ
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Mine voted no, of course. I guess they want perpetual cheap labor at the expense of our citizens. It's like being in a border state here.

• 1 decade ago

yeah nice job lets start all over again next week

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I find it interesting that Kyle voted no and McCain didn't even vote....? Politics as usual....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • jean
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

thank you, you do good work

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.