promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Emily From Big Brother - Removed?!?!?

Oh dear god, whats the world coming to?

Emily said the "N*^$%r" and got removed from the big brother house.

Holy dog toffee, if I say the word "honky" do you think me and all the other millk bottles will get thrown out of answers?

Just exactly how pathetic is the world these days?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Seems like C4 need to keep the minorities in the house - black people call each other the word all the time, its fashionable these days but oh no a white person cant use it.

BB is craap this year they needed a story and so made a big deal over one word.

If you ask me, it seems minorities cannot achive anything these days without the race card coming into play.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • I just dont get it!!! Jade, danielle and jo from CBB were repeatedly being racist to shilpa, but they werent booted out. Probably because of the high ratings that the show was recieving, because of the media coverage, and producers knew that ratings would lower if the rows amongst the housemates stopped.

But when emily says one word, which was meant as a joke and no one in the house took offence, even charley who she said it to, she gets kicked off immediately. And the word she used isnt that bad, look how often its used and hardly anyone takes offence, and how many times has it be used in rap/rnb songs?

I think this is just a way for the produces to show they wont tolerate racism, but look how long they let the situation and racism drag on in CBB.

• 1 decade ago

The fact of the matter is the word she used was totally out of order.If something was said about Emily being white then im sure there would have been the same reaction.The race card is not an issue, people of ethnic origin continue to face prejudice and racial abuse/attacks.Its the people who are guilty of doing these things who are trying to cover it up.We are all human so colour should not be a probem.

• juicy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It strange but everyone is blaming big brother and off com but was it not the media frenzy that caused this? If they had allowed this then the media would have jumped on them saying BB at it again and they would have banned it. The public were just as bad, they helped the media frenzy esculate last time and despite what we all think of Jade Joe and Danny they were treated terrible over the matter.Infact i would have said they were bullied over it. They did wrong but 2 wrongs dont make a right and now BB has lost its purpose coz if they cant show people reacting naturally then what is the point!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

There are N_ers and black folk.. i personally dont use the word N__ger, P_ki, Ho_ky, or Whi_te tra_h cause i have some class and its offensive.. using offensive words doesnt make you a rascist..just makes you a mean/nasty person!!.. she was already up for nominations anyway.. why didnt they just let the public decide.. ??? Charlie does suck big time but then again shes jamaican so cant expect much from her ..lol (i said i had SOME!!! class :p ..) Proud AFRICAN :D .. Leslie or Tracy to win!!!

• 1 decade ago

I agree with everyone above. This is like a major witch hunt. Just because she said that word that its-out of the house. Whoever claims Great Britain is a free country should shut up. Freedom of speech does not exist anymore, as you have to constantly think of races and make sure you don't offend anyone. And yes, Big Brother is the reality tv show where we watch the natural reaction-what happened with that?

• 1 decade ago

Its funny, for a well educated, bright young lady you would of thought she would have had common sense. After celebrity Big Brother you would of thought that they would not of mentioned anything about colour for the fact that it might all be blown out of proportion.

but to use such a disgusting word its absolutely shameful. I do think that when it comes to racism things are sometimes taken out of text, out of proportion.

But for Emily to use such a word as that, I'm glad she is out of Big Brother.

• 1 decade ago

Whats a Honky?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

DONT MAKE IT SOUND LIKE WE(BLACK PEOPLE) WANTED TO COME HERE GO BLAME UR WHITE ANSESTORS. I DONT NO WERE EMILY GOT THAT BOOST FROM TO CALL HER DAT BUT BIG BRO DUN THE RIGHT THING she should consider herself lucky white girl say ***** she shud b facing da triggA most white people are kool and i never have a problem with dem but its jus the ones that try to b blk an act it dat i hate so wat if blk ppl say it to each other she aint blk so she aint got the right im sick of hearing sum white ppl say "well black ppl say it to each other" SOO WAT!! jus because we do it dose not give you the right to call it us if sum white people dont think the word is bad then use white ppl can call each other niggaz go an call a nxt white a person a ***** see a stupid u sound

• Andy F
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Yet another over reaction by the channel four bosses. I think they are still shaking from the jade goody racism thing from last year and trying to cover their backs incase of a baclkash from certain quarters.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.