bios updates?

ok ive been having these errors lately the comp would just restart so i changed how it deals with problems and found that the error had to do with a bios update.so i guess my question is, is there a way to find out the manufacturer of my motherboard without actually taking the side of my tower off,and if i do take the side of my tower off about where would it say who made the mother board?

well about a year or 2 ago i bought this pc from tigerdirect at the time i chose the motherboard but i dont remember which one plus im bad a keeping recipts and things like that.i got an answer sugesting to check my pc online to find the mother boards manufacturer....uh whats a good site to go to to find that out?

Favorite Answer

1. Seek on your PC mainboard user guide?

2. Check the spec of the PC from the internet and find the motherboard manufacturer?

3. If the computer still on, see on the BIOS information (usually small text on the bottom of screen before the PC boot up)

Use the belarc advisor. just do a netsearch for it. Its free. make sure to get the right bios version.

Just take the side off its two or three "hand turn" bolts. Real easy.