Do any expats in Hong Kong send their children to local schools?

By "local schools", I mean English medium schools (public and private) that follow the local education system and prepare their students for the HKCEE and HKALE. By "local schools", I mean schools: 1. That are generally more high-pressured than international schools, 2. Where most pupils... show more By "local schools", I mean English medium schools (public and private) that follow the local education system and prepare their students for the HKCEE and HKALE.

By "local schools", I mean schools:
1. That are generally more high-pressured than international schools,
2. Where most pupils speak Hong Kong English rather than British/American English,
3. Where discipline and behaviour/dress codes are generally stricter than in international schools,
4. Where Chinese is a compulsory subject.

Personally, I believe that if expatriate children have the ability to get into an elite local school like Diocesan Girl's School, and are willing to learn Chinese, the education they receive would be far more rigorous and superior to what they'd get at an international school. On the other hand, sending expatriate children to mediocre local schools would probably hurt their future prospects.