Alfredsson's cheap shot??

So what do you think?

Did he shoot the puck at Scott Niedermayer on purpose????

or

It was just an accident????

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It's pretty obvious he did that on purpose. He's a veteran player, he knows what is happening. That doesn't just happen accidentally in game 4 of the finals with your team practically facing elimination.

The pressure got to him, that's all.

• 1 decade ago

AMAZING Wonder how many of you would be joking about it, if Pronger had shot that puck at Alfredson huh! Typical, Alfredsson should get a game suspension for intent to injure. Firing a puck at 80+ mph at an opponent is far more heinous an act than an elbow in the heat of battle. It did hit him, it caused a fracous, and it was at the buzzer -- all of which should have gotten him a penalty at least but also a suspension. The refs warned him afterwards about it so they did see it and they let him get away with it. If the league is not singling out Pronger then why is Alfredsson not suspended. Once again there is a lack of consistency in the NHL and they will always have problems till they address that problem. whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

• Kevin
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I doubt it was an accident, but I don't think he entirely meant to nail him with the puck either. He might have just wanted to shoot it towards him, but not right at him. So, in a way, both. Alfredsson is not a cheap player and has never had any kind of history in it. Probably shouldn't have done it, but stuff happens.

• 1 decade ago

Alfredsson has the accuracy that if he wanted to hit Niedermayer, he could have hit him. But if he wanted to hit him, you would think he would have (a), hit him higher up, and (b), hit him alot harder.

I think it was a just shoot it out and kill the clock type of situation. It's not like there is a big history of players doing this on purpose.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Erica
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Excuse me, Sens Enforcer? You dare accuse a genuine blue-collar working-class NHL-certified puck of intentionally head hunting for Scott Niedermayer? You should be ashamed of yourself.

It is obvious that Scott Niedermayer planned that out. Ask yourself this: is Scott Niedermayer one of the better defensemen in the league? Yes, yes he is. Can't we assume then, that he has vastly great powers? We can!

Scott Niedermayer blatantly abused his all-powerful puck-handling mind powers by allowing Alfie to slap it then willed it towards himself at an accelerated velocity. This is no Jedi mind trick. It's the real deal, and you can bet it was misused for Niedermayer's dirty purpose.

...Or maybe Alfie was just trying to kill the feral muskrat clinging to Niedermayer's chin...

ADD: Where do you think that puck got its weekend steroid martinis? Scott Niedermayer's on-again off-again beard.

Source(s): =P EDIT: It's the question. It drives you crazy. I guess that still makes sense though. Except...was it black when it was a ping-pong ball? Lol. no_dirt - LOL, Niedermayer getting a blocked shot registered = priceless. jenni m - You're welcome! And...from ping-pong ball to ding-dong reject---toughest player in the NHL! Lol.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have trouble trying to grasp my head around this situation, considering both Alfie and Niedermayer are two of the classiest individuals in the NHL. Maybe it wasn't a cheap shot and maybe Alfie just wasn't paying attention but it was definatly reckless on Alfie's behalf and he knows better.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Is quite simply to gain at activity betting with the Zcodes System that you may find here https://tr.im/2IwMy .

Zcodes System is a program that may provides you with completely automatic activities picks predicated on a robust forecast model. After that it bottles you the information every single day of the year with easy instructions on how best to position bets and regularly win.

Zcodes System covers all the significant functions in the sporting calendar so when one activities year stops, yet another has already been finding started.

Zcodes System includes activities like: football, basketball, baseball, baseball, basketball, horse race and a complete fill more.

• 1 decade ago

Alfredsson's a victim here...Alfie didnt hit Niedermeyer...THE PUCK DID!!! lol

That puck has some kinda attitude problem and it should be melted down and made into a boot...

Players dont hurt players...pucks hurt players...

EDIT- uh...Erica...that puck has a well known history of alcohol abuse...and steroid abuse...2 years ago it was a ping pong ball, now its a friggin hockey puck! and I'm not being racist either...if the puck was white, I'd be saying the same thing...(lol, I wonder if this still makes any sense? I'll check it again in the morning and see...)

• 1 decade ago

Unfortunate, yet puposeful. Too bad it happened, worse yet that it occurred on the sport's brightest stage. I thought Alfredsson was too classy to ever pull such a stunt, but it just goes to show what frustration can do to someone. Was he tweaked by having Eaves replace him on the top line?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Had to be an accident as Alfie is not disrespectful of other players.

I am shocked because I am a huge Sens fan. Not saying we don't have some players that wouldn't do such a thing but Alfie????????

The bright arena lights much have obstructed his vision momentarily ????????

Sorry Scott I'm sure he never meant to do it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.