As a tax payer, shouldn't I decide where my taxes are spent; instead of the controlling party to deciding?

I don't care whether you're a democrat or republican. I believe both parties act as if they know how to better spend my tax revenue. I would like to see some real stewardship with our tax revenue and not what appears to be a blank check on speculative plans with low or uncertain chances of success. If this is my disposable income, I think I choose and expect better odds in favor of the investment. Since I don't have confidence that my tax revenue is spent with good stewardship, I'd rather decide which avenues to invest my tax dollars. Talk about sending a clear message. If it doesn't get funded, it doesn't get done. It's clearly not a priority to the American people. If there is not enough support for an initiative, allow the taxpayer to support another cause. Rank them if you have to, but you don't get a refund of unallocated tax revenue.

Favorite Answer

I think that's a great idea. You wouldn't need to vote on every issue, you could just allocate a percentage of your taxes based on what's most important to you.

For example, the form could look something like this:

Military 50%

Environment 10%

Education 20%

Social programs 20%

The only problem is that they would have to hold an election

for every bill. I try to keep an eye on all of the bills that

go through Congress then send emails to my Senator(s)

and Reps and tell them that I do not support it, if they

vote for it, I vote against them the next time they run for

office.

Your first responder mentioned the Fair Tax, I have read it

and it seems to make sense, just wonder how all of the

tax people and tax attorney's would like this though.

you vote for the politician that is on your side. We cannot individually decide where it is spend. So vote every chance you get and make sure the man you are voting for is representing your points. if not call him everyday and remind him and get him out of office next time.

You do decide, you vote to elect some one to represent you, your congressmen and senators. If you don'y like how they spend then vote for someone else.

read the fair tax book now

you voted them in