Is the media going too far?

Almost every week these so called family sitcoms portray extremely sensitive topics. For example according to jim, george lopez, bernie mac all had episodes dealing with masturbation and sex. Why is it that these idiots have to bring these obscene topics into our living rooms, I cant begin to say how many akward... show more Almost every week these so called family sitcoms portray extremely sensitive topics. For example according to jim, george lopez, bernie mac all had episodes dealing with masturbation and sex. Why is it that these idiots have to bring these obscene topics into our living rooms, I cant begin to say how many akward moments these episodes have caused when watching with the kids. Why has no one complained against these obscenities, dosen't America care?
Update: I'm not saying to censor it. Just don't put that material on primetime underthe guise of a family show without proper warning before the episode, since most episodes are not offensive.