Does your religious belief affect your political decision?

Mines doesn't because I'm Catholic and Democratic.

Favorite Answer

My beliefs definitely affect my political decision. Regardless of your religion, it affects the way you view political issues.

• Minh

Sort of. I'm atheist, so I'm not going to vote for a raving loony fundamentalist Christian (see how well that worked out with Bush!).

However, all of the candidates out there are Christians anyway, so it's not like I'd even have the opportunity to vote for an atheist for president. The candidates I currently favor for this election cycle are mostly Catholic.

In a way it does. As a Wiccan, I follow the creed of "do what you will if it harm none." That means I believe others should be allowed to make their own choices in life, so long as they are not hurting others or infringing upon the rights of others. It's a big reason why I support gay people's right to marry who they choose.

in relation to somebody being one in all those individual who does not care approximately destiny making plans because of the fact they suspect the Rapture is coming any day now, then actual. yet while somebody has own ideals that don't intervene or shrink their skills or potential to do their accountability in whichever workplace they are working for, then no, it is going to no longer be an argument. regrettably, this is, and a variety of of alternative sheep make their political judgements in line with faith on my own. as an occasion, finding on the archives, in this usa human beings could quicker vote a black lesbian Jew into workplace than they could an atheist. additionally, not one of the founding fathers, in the event that they ran for workplace immediately, could have a prayer of prevailing, with the state this usa and its everybody is in, and the trivial crap they prioritize.

because of my religious beliefs, i make no political decisions. the scriptures plainly state that we should not be part of this world, just as Jesus was not part of this world. therefore, i do not take part in politics or things that go against Bible teachings, period. no one who calls themselves a christian or a follower of Christ should.

my allegiance is to GOD not the country I reside in, or any other country at that.

I used to be a republican but as Goldwater spins I find myself a democrat.

• FUNdie

Of course it does. Otherwise, I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't vote according to my beliefs.

• Gir

Yes! I'm Christian and also happen to be Republican.

Mrs. Sexy Pants....can we talk?

Because of the Christians who think the way you do, I'm not surprised when we end up with political candidates,particularly the judicial system, over us who totally opposes some of the very things Christ stands for...Pro Life.

I read a book by Roger Elwood called Angelwalk. There's this one angel in particular you might be in bed with. His name is Observer. Sorry if it sounds judgmental but you're simply sitting on the bench. Stand!!!

Source(s): My opinion

Definitely. I agree with luvdalx68, I would then be a complete hypocrite.

• eri

My lack of religious beliefs make me very suspicious of anyone who touts theirs, especially if they base their political descisions on it.