promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Ray E asked in TravelUnited StatesPhoenix · 1 decade ago

Better place to live and visit...Seattle, WA or Phoenix, AZ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I currently live in Phoenix, but have lived in Seattle as a child. I remember it being very rainy and foggy. My parents hated the fact that you didn't see the sun for months at a time, so we moved back to Phx. Phoenix is ok. Hot most of the year, but we have gorgeous falls and winters. No snow, but sometimes no rain can suck too. And if you want to see snow, it's just 2 hours north. Sometimes the desert landscaping can get old, but California, Oregon, Washington and even Hawaii are a few hours plane ride away.

Now that I'm an adult myself, I choose to stay in Phoenix. Cost of living is good, housing is still not as expensive as Seattle. Phoenix's job market is booming because a lot of major companies move their call and customer service centers here because of the ideal weather. We never have to close a center due to tornados, blizzards or hurricanes. There's lots of things to do all the time- zoos, museums, dining, golf, shopping, resorts, theater, and travel within AZ. Like Flagstaff to ski, Sedona to hike, the Grand Canyon, and a ton of lakes for water sports.

So Phoenix is a good place to live and visit.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Seattle has more things to do but you have to live over an hour out of seattle and housing is at least twice as much. I moved to Phoenix area less than a year ago, and its not any hotter than Boise Idaho.

• 1 decade ago

Phoenix

• 1 decade ago

Phoenix: Tan women, nice weather for 9 months, good job market, some affordable housing, landscape can get mundane.

Seattle: Rainy 7 months, beautiful 5 months, invented Starbucks and grunge music, housing is steep, gotta be a tech nerd to make money there

Advantage: Seattle

Source(s): I have spent some time in both cities but never lived in either. I live in Bend, OR, a comfortable medium between the two.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

My roots are in Phoenix, lived there 25 years, moved to Seattle, lived there 23 years. Like Allen H I am also in Bend,Or! I'd have to say Seattle, definitely. Much hipper, more beautiful, more variety of things to see and do. Prices are higher but, living in a place because you want to, not have to, priceless!

Source(s): Lived in both cities for decades.
  • 4 years ago

Get a seasonal National Park Service Job in Seattle in the summer, and one near Phoenix in the winter!

• Arizona, AZ!!

The laws here are perfect, nice schools everywhere, lots of kids, perfect weather when its not Summer, even during the Summer, its still fun to go swimming and whatnot, no natural disasters, the tax rates are good here, and its just great living in Arizona. I've lived in several cities and this one is my favorite.

• 1 decade ago

seattle all the way az is boring

• 1 decade ago

AZ

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.