HDTV and ? about HDMI Surround Sound Receivers?

I have a 65" Toshiba HDTV and it is supposed to come in as 1080P but it only comes in 1080i with the exception of using the DVD player we bought to upscale the picture. What kind of surround sound receiver do I need to upscale the picture to 1080P. Is that what HDMI pass through is or do I need to look for... show more I have a 65" Toshiba HDTV and it is supposed to come in as 1080P but it only comes in 1080i with the exception of using the DVD player we bought to upscale the picture. What kind of surround sound receiver do I need to upscale the picture to 1080P. Is that what HDMI pass through is or do I need to look for something else? Any particular brand recommended? Help is greatly appreciated~ thanks!
Update: This TV is brand new - the newest version of this particular Toshiba TV. It says it is 1080P on the TV itself and was advertised as such. The picture is only available as 1080i when we are using satellite but it comes in 1080p when we use the upscaling DVD player. It is much narrower and lighter than the old skool... show more This TV is brand new - the newest version of this particular Toshiba TV. It says it is 1080P on the TV itself and was advertised as such. The picture is only available as 1080i when we are using satellite but it comes in 1080p when we use the upscaling DVD player. It is much narrower and lighter than the old skool DLPs. The series number is HM167-117. Thanks again.