Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

I'm thinking about joining the football team this year but, I'm not sure what position to play?

I'm going into my sophomore year at my high school, and thinking about joining the team. I am 5 foot 10 and weigh 165 pounds. I have above average speed and I was thinking about trying out for the OLB position, but still deciding. If anyone could give me some advice then that would help a lot, thanks.

Favorite Answer

I think that OLB sounds like a great idea. If it doesn't work out as well as you planned, I am positive your coach would put that above average speed to use at a different position. Its football, you will have fun no matter where you play.

• If you are good at defending the pass you can play saftey. If you gain a few pounds of muscule you could play Corner. If you lift waits 2 hours a day in the gym you can play linebacker

Do this over the Summer

Source(s): healthy life style

at 5"10 you have room to build muscle and add weight .Line Backer is very tough position I played in high school and college I would suggest tryin to bulk up to about 185 or so you can add twenty pounds of muscle and still be able have good enough speed for that position. if not then i suggest corner u have decent height and can add about ten pounds to play corner.

You have pretty good height for the cornerback position with your above average speed you should be ok. Just start working on being physical at the line of scrimmage against faster receivers.

to be a sophmore, I would just work as hard as you can lifting in the weight room and running. Don't be concerned about your position, the coaches will put you where they think you fit best, if you are really concerned about it, talk to the coach, that's what they are there for.

• Your dimensions and probable experience level scream of strong safety...

Doct-ahh Natedawgg

You should be a linebacker to avoid getting slaughterd

how about a corner or db