Any advice for a prospective Clinical Psychology student?

I want to go into Clinical Psychology, I'm in my 2nd year of a part time degree. I'm hoping to start work experience in October after my exams

Best Answer

What kind of advice are you looking for? Do you have plans of a job yet? Where are you planning on doing your placement? Where are you located? I don't have to have specifics, just like north, south, east, west, or middle. Do you have a speciality? Geriatrics, Children, etc....?

One thing you have to remember when you start to work after all the school is "done and over with", don't let the patients problems eat away at you. Learn to separate yourself from your work. Take vacations and leave your work at the office, don't take it home with you even if your office is in the home. If it does start to get with you, talk to someone.

• amrit

properly, you have your artwork shrink out for you in case you prefer to be a Christian in Japan, If that's what you experience is your calling you are going to be able to desire to artwork stressful at discovering the language and subculture first, yet you're nevertheless in severe college, my advice is save your techniques open, possibly evaluate using to a school in Japan, if no longer pass to varsity here first and seem for jobs they could want, so with in basic terms jap as a skill, you could have translator, or in all risk minister. there are different issues you are going to be able to desire to earnings, everybody everywhere loves a stable scientific expert or engineer, yet they have maximum of theirs i think of. in basic terms save on with what you're stable at and prefer, it won't be able to steer you incorrect. in the journey that your bored the place you're seek for entertainment, connect a clean club or start up one. sit down down at a table with human beings you do no longer understand and in basic terms start up speaking approximately something inconsequential

Yes. Change degrees to a subject that actually has a logical premise behind it.

Addendum for MT: Are you the evil version of me from an alternate reality? ;-)

Doesn't this count as work experience?

my advice?---have fun!