New Halogen bike lights?

Ok, I like bike lights. I commute to work and ride trail and off road ‘Proper Mountain biking’. I was looking on the i.net for a rechargeable set of bike lights; I thought that I would buy them now as they would be cheaper, than in the winter. As I was looking all of them seem to be between 5-15 watt power... show more Ok, I like bike lights. I commute to work and ride trail and off road ‘Proper Mountain biking’. I was looking on the i.net for a rechargeable set of bike lights; I thought that I would buy them now as they would be cheaper, than in the winter.
As I was looking all of them seem to be between 5-15 watt power outputs, nothing I have found can beat my 50 WATT halogen super high beam. Because I couldn’t’ find any that were even close to that power,

I thought that my current lights were:

1. Superior to any thing else

2. Ridiculously high powered, perhaps even illegal for road use??

That do you think??
Update: Yes Only ONE 50w halogen BULB!! (a bit bad if it ever blows during a ride!)
Lasts about 3.5 hours (12v 7ah PB batt- around 1.5lb)