What size of shoe does a 6/7 year old boy wear?

My nephews bday is coming up and one of the things I want to buy him is a pair of shoes. I don't know what size of shoe he wears and not enough time to get in touch with his parents before I'll be buying them. Does anyone know what the average size shoe for a boy who is about to turn 7 is?

I wanted to add that the shoes are actually flip flops (Cars :) ) So the fit shouldn't be bad as long as I get a size that will fit. Thanks for the answers so far!!

Favorite Answer

Kid's feet come in all sizes and it's a bad idea for anyone (especially kids, whose feet are still growing) to get new shoes without trying them on first. Even if you get the right size, there could be something about the design that is uncomfortable.

I suggest that when you see your nephew, make his birthday present a shoe-shopping trip where he can be fitted and he can pick out the shoe that he likes. If you can't take him shopping by the time he has his birthday, promise him a shopping trip "soon," such as the next day or the next weekend.

• nimo22

There is really no way to estimate that. My friend's daughter is 6 1/2 and she's already up into the big kids size 2 1/2. My daughter is 7 1/2 and she still wears the toddler size 9. Kids just have such a broad range of sizes as far as shoes and even clothing. If you can't call his parents to ask them, then maybe call his Grandma, or someone else who might have an idea of his shoe size. Good Luck.

Shoe sizes range is so wide, I don't know if that's the best gift. My son, is tall and thin but wears a size 5/6 shoes, but alot of friends his age only wear about a 3/4. If you still want to get shoes, go bigger that way they will fit him at some point. Good luck !

• Janet

Nah not really i'm 6 foot 2 and i'm 16 but my shoe size is a 13 so you only got me by 1 size so it's all good

You will probably just have to wait until you see him or can talk to someone who knows his shoe size. Even flipflops can cause blisters if they are too far from the correct size and as you can see from the other answers feet and boys are all different sizes. How about a gift certificate for them and then you can take him shopping after.

My son is 6 1/2 and wears a kids 10. BUT, he is very small for his age.

Ask the shoe salesmen what the average is.

would you guys just answer the dang question!

I would say on average size 2 1/2 to 3-

Don't buy him shoes, man!!

Weren't you ever a 6-7 yr. old kid?

Buy him a cool toy or something he's gonna have fun with on his B-day.

When I was a kid I hated to get clothing. Leave the clothing to the parents.

I have an almost 7 year old girl and she wears a 13.....they are a little bit big, but not much.

I know that when I was 11 I wore 1.5!!!