enki
Lv 4
enki asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

1 Universal LANGUAGE, 1 Unified RELIGION, 1 World GOVERNMENT: which ensures PEACE & UNDERSTANDING?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

They all sound attractive superficially, perhaps. But equally they all sound somewhat boring, and alarming in one way or another, particularly the 1 Unified Religion. I reckon our only hope of peace and understanding is intelligence, and there's not much of that around by the look of things. So meanwhile, perhaps our best hope lies in variety! Apart from United Nations - and stupidity has always made a good job of hobbling that in the so-called "national interest". So carry on.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Jaded
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No....i think if people were to exercise tolerance and understanding, they would see the beauty of all the thousands of different languages and cultures....the solution is not making everybody the same, its being able to accept those whom are different to you. And people just cant do that for some reason, they find the effort to accept, to tolerate to try to understand so much more harder than simply condemning anyone with ideas different to their own.

Im sure if things were like this though, with one 1 universal language, 1 unified religion, 1 world government, it would certainly make thinks easier, but the world´s diversity would lost...which i think would be an indescribably incredible shame.

I do think however that 1 world government, perhaps branched out into many different regions with their own special necessarily different rules depending on the culture, would be a good idea...this way one could give equal rights to everyone, no region or country would be poorer than the other, it wouldnt be communism, it would just be capitalism with equality. That would be so great.

• 1 decade ago

1 Universal language MATH, 1 Unified Religion 1 world Government: which ensures Peace & Understanding? That would be 1 person with an undersanding of themselfs and nobody else. Great Job.

• 1 decade ago

None of the above. 1 language would be create for clear communication, but some languages are lacking for words and descriptions of some emotions, events, and dichotomies. 1 World Government shares the same problem as 1 unified religion; in such scenarios there is no alternative option/view that can be offered to find the best way/Truth (this is directly from "On Liberty" by John Stewart Mill). Without the opportunity to compare the current known Truth/understanding to an alternative one, you are robbed of the chance for revalidation of your current understanding, or robbed of the chance to exchange falsehood for truth if your current view is inferior/false. It's kind of like the story of three blind men all feeling different parts of an elephant and all coming up with different ideas of what it actually is. One feels the trunk and says its a snake, one the leg and says its a tree, etc.

What is needed for peace and understanding are several different approaches (Language, Religion, Gov't) that are designed to coexist, adapt, and learn from each other. Just look at the human brain for a good example of harmony. It isn't one single perfectly working brain, but 100,000,000,000 different simple ones all working and competing with each other to evoke understanding and cohesion.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Dear lord, my friend, none of them! There are no guarantees. Folks will always find something to squabble about.

In fact, this question made me feel nauseated. I really had my stomach turn over. I'm not exactly sure why, but... ugh....

I mean... one world government would NOT work (you'd have to find a model where the people comprising one did not fight now!!), One religion (HA!!! Sorry. That's too funny.) and one language?!!! Ever heard the saying about anglophones? Separated by a common language?!! As if we listen to each other anyhow!!!

I believe there is hope for peace and understanding, but do not believe that same-ness will ever be the answer.

• 1 decade ago

Language, religion & government --combined--wouldn't ensure peace & understanding. There is so much more to that beautiful ideal! The disparity of cultures, history, the human condition, would make any of these impossible from the start. I think you are "missing" something....

• 1 decade ago

Problem is that everyone will want the world to acknowledge THEIR language, THEIR religion, THEIR country's form of government (if they come from a free nation e.i usa, france). To be the unifying way for the rest of humanity and, they won't be very UNDERSTANDING about it.

• 1 decade ago

These suggestions all limit expression and understanding. The toleration, understanding, and appreciation of a diversity of languages, religions, and governments would be a start to peace and understanding.

• 1 decade ago

No way. You'd have to have a conquerer (a la Julius Caesar or Adolf Hitler) who could impose all this on everyone. It would be peaceful, but it wouldn't give people freedom to be themselves. Eastern Europe under Stalin's rule was mostly free of open warfare, but I don't really think you'd want that. When communism broke apart, war broke out between groups whose conflicts had been repressed for generations -- but that had merely been postponed by Soviet rule.

Nah, democracy may be slow, messy, and contentious, but I'll take that over totalitarianism any day.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

of course not! for example; people would get mad if they had to learn and forced to believe in something they did not believe in. it would be like world peace. different languages make the world unique and fun to learn about. fun to learn a language then go try it out in an exotic country. and just 1 government. why does there have to be one person in charge if they are not good! and other religious leaders would probably be banned because the Americans, even though i am one and dissing us, would make everybody speak English, have George Bush and be Christian. how boring the world would be.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.