Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsOther - News & Events · 1 decade ago

what do you think about beckham being knighted?

David Beckham getting a Knighthood,for being a hero,WHAT WHERE WHEN? I MUST OF MIST HIM SAVING SOMEONES LIFE, Knighthoods are for Heros i.e. ALL THE SOLIDERS WHO HAVE BEEN KILLED OR WOUNDED IN ANY WAR,people like firemen and firewomen,police offices,security people,nurses,doctors need i go on if it was my choose A FOOTBALLER WOULD BE ONE OF THE LAST PEOPLE ON MY LIST TO BE GIVEN SUCH AWARD TO, and if he is knighted what dose that thing he married become? someone as got there PRIORETIES ALL WRONG. WHO AGREES WITH ME. IAM FUMING ABOUT IT.

• b97st
    Favorite Answer

I think it's bulls*it. He is the most over rated and over paid player out there. Sir David Beckham? I don't think so.

I think he's too young, he's already got a CBE that is enough. Their argument for this knighthood is that he gives a lot to charity - where is the evidence of this? OK they throw glitzy showbiz parties and raise money for charity but he doesn't actually put his hands in his pockets. He is also in effect going to be a tax exile and go to America to make yet more money. They also say he's a great ambassador for UK and an aspiration to youngsters - sorry but I don't think being covered in tattoos and not being able to speak properly is a good role model for youngsters. And he is also so far up his own rear end it's embarrassing, remember when they got married and sat on those his/her thrones? I think he's getting a knighthood because he's got money, it's all about money.

I hope not. He's spent the biggest part of his career playing abroad and achieved nothing with England apart from collect an undeserved amount of cameo caps. He's the most overrated player ever. He can't tackle and he can't take on defenders, he's always been slow and his only quility is his ability to hit a dead ball with accuracy. Anyway what has he done to deserve a Knighthood? If he gets Knighted I'll never give up hope of being Knighted myself.

I think that the whole thing has deteriorated recently. So many famous people seem to get awards simply for being rich and famous these days. If I was ever offered a knighthood I would turn it down on principle. Good people don't seem to be rewarded anymore, rich people do. It's a farce and should only be seen as that.

Arise Sir David Beckham - he fully deserve the Knighthood for the good he has brought to the game and in the process, England. Congratulations are in order!!

this is what our country's coming to,its got its priorities all mixed up and back to front as usual? to knight someone who happens to earn a wage most of us can only dream of for kicking a bag of wind about a pitch,says it all...I'm not a supporter of football,but when i have watched him,he ain't that good...over-rated springs to mind,if he does get knighted,like some of the other stars...cliff sickly come out every Christmas Richard...i bet some of the war vets will be wandering why they've lost limbs and friends,for a country i used to call GREAT BRITAIN

• Ollie

Its just media hype. It shouldn't happen. Not too long ago they were talking about Wayne F'n Rooney being knighted, and it never happened. I agree with you though: knighthoods should be reserved for true heroes, not footballers.

And what about all the singers that have been knighted? He has done quite a bit of charity work - it's not necessarily all about the football.

if david beckham is getting a knighthood then im buying chelsea thats how ridiculous that sounds

no way should beckham get a knighthood its a joke for this guy and his wife to get their faces in the news constantly , there are guys doing for charity not in the limelight deserve more than him for sure.