Any recommendations for good places to visit in Pittsburgh, PA? (day or night)?
I'm a 19 year old girl and will be staying in Pittsburgh, PA for the summer.
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
So many things, so little time.
1. Oakland .. visit the Carnegie Museum of Art, filled with artwork by paitings from the Impressionist era -- including Monet's Water Lillies, Van Gogh, Renoir and Degas. Also, in Oakland is the Phipps Conservatory (flower exhibits) and the Cathedral of Learning. The Cathedral is the tallest educational structure on the east coast. It's around 60 stories tall and right in the center of the Pitt campus. On the ground floor are the Nationality Rooms which were decorated by different countries in the early 1900's.
2. Strip district ... rockin' all the time. Lots of clubs at night -- even some under 21 places. Lots of cool little shops and folks selling all kinds of food in kiosks.
3. Thru mid-June -- the Three Rivers Arts Festival -- which takes over downtown Pittsburgh.
4. Mount Washington -- can get there by going up the incline at Station Square -- knock your socks off view.
5. Pirates game at PNC park -- recommend going at night.
6. Sandcastle -- waterpark.
7. Kennywood -- amusement park.
8. Shadyside -- Walnut Street has upscale shops -- Ellsworth Avenue has lots of cool restaurants -- lots of doctors and residents hang out there.
9. Wave pools -- Allegheny County has three, I think: South Park, Boyce Park (Monroeville) and Settler's Cabin -- near Robinson Town Centre.
Have an awesome time!!!
- 1 decade ago
My place is available. (okay bad joke) The inclines, Kennywood and Sandcastle are a must if this is your first visit. As for the rest it depends on what your into.
Shopping? South Hills Village or South Side shops.
Partying? South Side or Strip District
Food/Fun? Waterfront or Station Square
Plus theres the zoo, ballpark, science center and soon gambling
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Lots of fun things to do in Pittsburgh. I don't get to the city too often but I like going to Station square. And if you get a chance go on the Gateway clipper. All kinds of different cruises you can take. Have fun.
- 1 decade ago
Be sure to catch a baseball game at the newly built ball park. Nowadays with the great food and young crowd it's just like a night out.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.