Should we move to Tucson, AZ??

My fiancee and I are thinking about moving to Tucson. We lived in Phoenix, AZ for a little while and loved the area. ( especially the food and the weather!) However, the people didn't seem to be very open to the idea of inter-racial relationhsips. ( my fiancee is white, I'm black) Everyone that lives ( or... show more My fiancee and I are thinking about moving to Tucson. We lived in Phoenix, AZ for a little while and loved the area. ( especially the food and the weather!) However, the people didn't seem to be very open to the idea of inter-racial relationhsips. ( my fiancee is white, I'm black) Everyone that lives ( or has lived) in AZ says that people there usually are very open to the idea of mixed couples, but we lived there and now how weird people were about it. ( we were stopped in the supermarket several times!!) Anyways, we were just wondering if people in Tucson were nicer and how expensive it is to live there.
Thanks for the help.
Update: Yes, people confronted us several times. To address the first answer, we want to live in a place where we can afford to live there and not have to worry about our kids ( when we have them) being bothered because of racial tension. When you're denied housing and jobs because your spouse is a different race, it... show more Yes, people confronted us several times.
To address the first answer, we want to live in a place where we can afford to live there and not have to worry about our kids ( when we have them) being bothered because of racial tension.
When you're denied housing and jobs because your spouse is a different race, it is an issue. Again, like I stated before, it's hard to understand if you've never been in the situation.