What kind of job can I get with a Behavioral Science degree w/ a concentration in Negotiation & Conflict Mgt?

I would like to work as a Mediator but I have to get certified first. I am wondering how I can get my foot in the door with a dispute resolution center, but I don't know where to begin looking.

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    I suggest going to the American Arbitration Assocation web site, at http://www.adr.org/home and search for arbitrars in your state, and ask one of them near you for an informational interview. You can find out how they got into the field, what background they have, and if they can recommend a way to get into the field or if they know someone else you could talk to about the field. I did this when I was looking for a computer programming job right out of college, and it helped a great deal-I was able to narrow down what I wanted to do, and what was the best way to get my first job.

    Here's US Dept of Labor information about education, outlook and wages for mediators:


    Good luck!

  • 1 decade ago


    just kidding. if you're just starting out, check out local websites for your state and then careerbuilder, etc... you might want to check into the private sector with non profit agencies dealing with disabilities on assorted levels.

    good luck. what a tricky career... :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.