civil or environmental engineering?

I really want to go to school for environmental engineering but no college around N.E Ohio offers this. I was thinking about going into civil engineering with a minor in something environmental, would that prepare me for a career as a environmental engineer.

Any thoughts or advice in any of the two engineering fields would be great would be great, Thanks

Favorite Answer

You might want to look into specializing in Water Resources classes in Civil Engineering as well as minoring in environmental studies.

It will be the growth job in the future since the population is growing and the sources of cheap potable water is dwindling.

Water is life, a person can die in 3 days without water while people have gone 6 weeks without food and still survived.

There are already fights between States over water resources and it will get worse as the population grows and the water sources are polluted.

Civil Engineering is a vast area, it all depends on what option in Civil Engineering you would like the most. The options are and may differ from universities to universities:

1. Structural engineering

2. Metarials engineering

3. Construction and foundations

and many more:

Look for an University and check there options in 4th year or senior year and then do the same with an environmental engiineering 4th year options. Try to find the similarities and then go for it!

Good Luck.........OWL

I guess I have to ask - why are you limiting yourself to a specific area of one state? There are lots of good programs out there; if environmental engineering is what you want to do (and I certainly think it's a good field), then find a program, and find a way to go!

If you really have to stay in one state, you could major in environmental science or environmental biology. I don't see any reason why you should limit yourself to one region of the state or country.

u shd go 4 environmental if u r willing ...........

bt i ll suggest u to go 4 civil as it has lot of scope n u ll find good package as well!!!!!!!!!!!!

n if u r thinking that there is match bet. civil n enviro then forget civil has nothing 2 do with enviro.

if u find coll. 4 enviro then tak it otherwise go for civil!!!!!!!1