for acid reflux--sleep on right or left side?

ive heard one way leads the acid to your throat while the other to your stomach.

please, answers with knowledge or personal experience only. any other tips with be great!

thanks!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Eat your big meal at lunch instead of at dinnertime.

Eat at least two to three hours before lying down. Eliminate late-night snacking.

Avoid foods that are known to lead to heartburn.

Sleep with your head and shoulder on an incline.

Make sure your bed clothes are loose-fitting.

Sleep on your left side. Studies have shown that this position aids digestion and helps with the removal of stomach acid. Sleeping on the right side has been shown to worsen heartburn.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Source(s): Eliminate Heartburn In Weeks - http://HeartburnNoMore.duebq.com/?iwo
  • Terri
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

You need to talk to another doctor. Preferably a Gastoenterologist. I suffered from the same thing for years. Reflux can lead to an erosion of the esophagus. Also to a condition called Barretts Esophagus which is precancerous. I have been taking daily meds for almost 2 years now. No more symptoms.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Hi,

If you are a acid reflux (GERD) sufferer you can find useful information on this site http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=568

They teach a natural method about how to get rid of your acid reflux. It worked for me.

I hope it helps

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try not to eat after 6:00 of 7:00 that works better

• 1 decade ago

It is best to sleep on your back elevated with a pillow. THis is the best way to do it. Good luck..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.