Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

college for veternarians?

what is a good college i should go to become a veternarian

it has to be close to texas

Favorite Answer

There are only 27 in the country. Texas A&M has one in College Station...so that's your best bet, certainly if you are a Texas resident. 25 of the 27 schools are at "land grant colleges"...which means they are largely supported by state taxes, so they have to guarantee most of their spots to in-state residents. Oklahoma State has one in Stillwater. University of Missouri has one too in Columbia. Lousiana State also has one, as well as Kansas State...those are your closest ones to Texas. As far as which is "the best"...again, there are only 27...so there are not really "bad" ones...just some that are more expensive (ie. UC Davis and Cornell). It has everything to do with exactly what you want to do within vet med (Large animal v. small, exotics, etc...all the schools have their "thing" that they are "good" for) A&M is typically "known" for large animal, OK State usually for equine, MU is more small animal...etc. It really doesn't matter, because, in the end, no matter where you go, everyone has to pass the same licensing exam!! Best of luck to you...it is a long, hard fight!

Source(s): I'm a vet...I was a student recruiter ("ambassador") in vet school. Oklahoma State alum, Go Pokes!

The ''best'' college/university to attend for Veterinary Medicine is Tufts University in Boston, Mass.

Granted, not ''too'' close to Texas, but if you want the ''best'', I've been told that Tufts is where you find it.

NC State for Veterinary medicine. UNC or NC State for pre-vet

Auburn in Alabama

well there is Fresno state on California that is the closest one to Texas that I know of

Source(s): I want to be a vet too

UC davis or calpoly pomona has good agriculture

if you get name of one so please forward it to me i'll be thankful to you .But still i'm sorry instead of answering i am asking for one.please let me know.

my id--cooool_skater@yahoo.co.in