scammed on ebay: revenge?

i have been scammed on ebay by someone who sells bootleg DVD copies. She told me to ship the DVD back, but she never returned my money. I never paid with paypal, so I think she is gonna keep the money. I do not mind about that. Now she is no longer a registered user and she has lots of complaints and negative feedback since i bought my DVD. I have her real name and her address. I was planning on put it in some webpage and make the case/person somewhat known. Which is a good web to complain and make this person famous??. By the way, her name is PEGGY WHITE and she lives in TULSA, OK.

Favorite Answer

the only thing I can think of, other than complaining to Ebay on the off chance she gets a new account, is to file a complaint with your local Better Business Bureau, and consider posting a warning on Craigslist. For that just be careful to stick to the facts as they pertain to you and to not interject anything you can't prove, as you don't want her to claim slander.

If you in fact have been scammed and have still have accurate documentation of the series of events, then you can contact the Internet Crime Complaint Center. They do not take too kindly to fraud, and more importantly, they are cracking down in people selling boot-legs. It's one thing to download on the internet, and just keep it to yourself, but to make a profit, they can really bring down the house. Check out their website:

http://www.ic3.gov

They work with the FBI to get some of these problems resolved. I can not guarentee that this will get resolved, but as for reporting the crime (yes, selling bootlegs "IS" a crime) this would be where you can report it.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Three days is ABSOLUTELY NOT long enough for a monitor to be shipped from the United States to Saudi Arabia. I'm sure that the "1-2 days maximum" estimate was meant to be for buyers who are also located in the United States. It takes a minimum of a week to ship to other countries -- it can take several weeks, depending on the shipping service used and the difficulty of getting the item through customs when it gets to the other country. This is not the seller's fault. He is not a scammer and you don't need to seek revenge. All you need is patience.

I think you picked the right web site already.

You're not the only one scammed on ebay I bought credit for my phone and didn't recieve it from Harish Kumar trading under Telecredit.

Why not go all the way and contact the companies thats been ripped off ?

ie. Movies , contact MGM etc

Music, contact Sony etc...

Their lawyers can then request this persons details and start the investigation.... and the ball will start to roll.

• Jill S

Call your local District Attorney's office and put in a complaint. They will be able to steer you in the right direction. I have called the local DAs office with problems and they always help. Good luck, and thanks for the heads up on this deadbeat.

• MarkG

See if you can file a fraud complaint with the US Postal Inspector

Be very cautious, if you don't have good solid evidence you can be sued for defamation. Many scammers have been known to use this to make money.

Ebay has all sorts of warnings about paying people on the side with money orders and wire transfers and things, so if you ignored those warnings it is your own fault and you should seek revenge against yourself. Do things like lock yourself out of your house, lock yourself out of your car, overdraw your checking account. These type of things are bound to teach you a lesson.

always use paypal because they WILL get your money back.

just a side note