A question for wives...Do you ever find you need to "protect" your husbands from "reality"?

What i mean by that for example. My hubby gets really upset if there are bills to pay which seem never ending, i mean we do manage but he lets it get to him soooo much. I am not saying i ignore it but i dont go like him. The reason i am asking this is coz there is another bill which if i tell him about, might send... show more What i mean by that for example. My hubby gets really upset if there are bills to pay which seem never ending, i mean we do manage but he lets it get to him soooo much. I am not saying i ignore it but i dont go like him. The reason i am asking this is coz there is another bill which if i tell him about, might send him over the edge. So im thinking of just taking care of it myself, even though its not mine in any way. I feel i need to protect him until he gets out of his funk. Once he has cleared his credit card etc he will be fine, it will be cleared within 3 or 4 months but he gets soo negative and it doesnt help when he feels he is constantly paying out, he likes to have money saved! Long story i know, to get to my point, do most women feel they are the ones looking after their men and doing this type of thing?
Update: Colinandy ..I have to say that im the one who takes care of the household bills and some months he will give me half but usually im letting him off so he can pay off whatver he has to pay off coz he gets stressed out otherwise. So i do feel like im the one who always has to be strong. Dont get me wrong, im daft... show more Colinandy ..I have to say that im the one who takes care of the household bills and some months he will give me half but usually im letting him off so he can pay off whatver he has to pay off coz he gets stressed out otherwise. So i do feel like im the one who always has to be strong. Dont get me wrong, im daft with money and have my own stuff to pay but i handle it much better, it doesnt get to me in the way it gets to him.
Update 2: Mary D..i thought i was all alone..thanks
Update 3: Let me make it clear to everyone who is suggesting a debt counseller. He does not have a problem, its more about him hating to spend money and i joke he needs to lie down afterwards. What he is paying off just now was stuff he needed to get but you know what its like, you take care of one bill and 3 more drop on... show more Let me make it clear to everyone who is suggesting a debt counseller. He does not have a problem, its more about him hating to spend money and i joke he needs to lie down afterwards. What he is paying off just now was stuff he needed to get but you know what its like, you take care of one bill and 3 more drop on the matt!! My hubby is actually very miserly with money so maybe he needs a "counseller" for that.
Update 4: Oh my god lydia, you have got me all wrong. I am not controlling my husband in any way. We know each other so well we know what each other gets upset about. He hates having any debt to pay and he is stressing and all i am doing is trying to prevent him feeling MORE stressed.
Update 5: Well after all my good intentions, i threw it at him as he was being a total A**hole to me last night. He gets in a mood and sometimes breaks things, last night it was our sky remote. Anyway, tough, he has to deal with it. I cant be bothered with him when he goes like that and any concern i feel goes out the... show more Well after all my good intentions, i threw it at him as he was being a total A**hole to me last night. He gets in a mood and sometimes breaks things, last night it was our sky remote. Anyway, tough, he has to deal with it. I cant be bothered with him when he goes like that and any concern i feel goes out the window!!!