'94 Ford Explorer. ATF in oil?

'94 Ford Explorer V6 4X4 I've asked mechs. about this and they all say it's not possible for ATF to leak into the engine, basically I must be an idiot who's not paying attention to what he's pouring and where. I agreed that it shouldn't be possible and assumed I made a mistake. Since... show more '94 Ford Explorer V6 4X4

I've asked mechs. about this and they all say it's not possible for ATF to leak into the engine, basically I must be an idiot who's not paying attention to what he's pouring and where. I agreed that it shouldn't be possible and assumed I made a mistake.

Since then I've changed my oil 6 times very carefully. Reading the labels and smelling the oil before pouring it in.

Also I have had to add ATF to the trans. about 1-2qt. per week.

When I drain the engine oil. there has been way too much and it's reddish and smells like ATF.

So don't bother telling me it's not possible and start looking outside the box and consider how it might be possible.

Let me repeat: THIS IS HAPPENING

How MIGHT it happen?

Thanks for anything you can think of.
Update: It does smoke like hell esp. when I start it. And I noticed a vacuum line is missing. Thanks again.