How much does a claw-foot bathtub weigh?

I have to move an antique cast iron claw-foot bathtub out of a second-floor bathroom. I am curious to estimate its total weight, (with the four feet removed) It is standard sized, vintage 1905, sloping curved end, full depth.

How much does it weigh?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

250-350 is most common but have run into a few that were actually heavier. The one you are talking about is probably about 300, when you get it out fflip it over, it may have the weight stamped on the bottom.

Source(s): general contractor
  • 3 years ago

4 Foot Bathtub

• mazzei
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Small Clawfoot Tub

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Protein need to lose weight and to repair muscle after working out. When muscles repair themselves, they grow. But that depends on the type of exercise. Usually lifting heavy weights breaks muscles more. So, there is more growth during repairs. Add a healthy fat into your diet, too. Salmon, flax seeds, nuts, olive oil. There are many useful information about losing weight and building muscles here:

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

today's cast tubs are lighter cause they make em a bit thinner than the old ones so it might weigh around 400 pounds for an 1900 to 1930 tubs

Source(s): it took 3 men to carry out an 1928 tub but it only took me and my friend to carry in a new tub i recommend for an average person it is safer to add an extra person or 2 to spread the weight around
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Weight of the tub alone, without crating depending depending on mfg. will range 250 - 350.

• 1 decade ago

dont know,, but get 4 guys to lift it.!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.