yvocamp asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

who was the head football coach at southern university in 1977?

• Cash
    Favorite Answer

Southern actually had 2 coaches that year, when you are as bad as they were sometimes you go through a coach, or, 2. Charlie Bates started the season as coach, after going 3-3-1 ken Tillage took over only to go 0-4. Tillage was replaced the next season by Cass Jackson who would coach the next 3 years. Anyway, the only thing you need to know about coaching at Sounthern U is that Coach Mumford, and Coach Richardson are the big winners. Tillage and Bates are losers, atleast in 1977 they were.

Source(s): As a member of the historically black college sports committee I get a lot of info. I have a lot of info on Southern.

Charlie Bates and Ken Tillage. Southern had a record of 3-7-1 in 1977. The only teams they beat that season were Tuskegee (13-7), Prairie View A & M (46-6) and Bishop (28-3).

yes of course I am there for the surgery not the accent. I think the accent would be a real bonus. lol