How would you become a foreign exchange student?

Favorite Answer

It depends- are you in high school or college? If you're in college your school will likely have an international office or something similar where you can find out about study abroad options.

If you're in high school, there are a number of programs that allow students to do foreign exchange. The top three that come to mind are Rotary, AFS and WEP. Each of them place you in a host family, and I know Rotary and AFS anyway have different lengths o time they allow you to go- from a month-long summer exchange to a full year exchange. You have to pay for any of them, with Rotary being, I believe, the cheapest- but the costs you pay go to things like your flights, insurance during your time abroad, orientations, etc.

Look the programs up on yahoo or google, you should be able to find out everything you need to know from the websites. Having been a Rotary exchange student a few years ago I can tell you the process for Rotary (if you do the year) involves a written application, an interview, and a couple of meetings before you leave- but they really guide you through it all and are very helpful.

Good luck with all this, I hope it works out for you- I know exchange was one of the best decisions of my life (cheesey as that sounds!)

• chacko

You must take a look at watching up summer season methods (a lot of that have scholarships to be had). Studying overseas for an yr maybe some thing you desire to do in school whilst you're extra fluent (so you'll be able to fully grasp categories taught in Japanese), older (in order that you are capable to are living away out of your mum and dad for that lengthy of a time and it is extra amusing!), and feature extra choices to be had. I went to Japan by way of the YFU application. I bought a scholarship so I best paid a small rate. I didn't must take a scan even though I did must write an program and get trainer's strategies. I went by myself with out my mum and dad, and it used to be for six weeks in the summertime. Good good fortune!