Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Do you need to clean a dog after it has done its business?

Do you clean a dog's behind after it has done its business? I'm a little discouraged to have my dog sit on my lap after she's been on a little trip outside.

Favorite Answer

dog is one of the most clean animals ,, no you dont have to clean the dog after he og potty , he is pretty much clean after he is done :) ,, dont be so sensetive ,, they are so clean :)

No...nature kind of takes care of it. I think over the course of 25 years of dog ownership I've wiped a bottom 2-3 times (due to illness only). You will have to clean up the poo from the yard, however, so please keep that in mind.

• sred

normally you don't have to. if you have a fru-fru medium to long haired dog, you might want to at least check when they come back in from " potty" I have three short haired dogs and no problem there. My mother has a fru-fru dog and she does sometimes have to do a little "clean-up". There's not a thing wrong with a dog or cat sitting in your lap...their place isn't to be a floor ornament, it's to be a part of your family.

• Collie

They are clean enough but anyway... don't have her on your lap and she will turn out to be a better dog for it! She will realise that she is a dog and a dog's place is on the floor.

Sorry, but LOL !!

One way to put your mind at ease:

Next time you take the dog in for grooming, tell the groomer to do a "sanitary clip"

.

I clean my Jack Russell after they have gone to the bathroom!

Nature seems to take care of it, but it would certainly not sit in my lap afterwards.

When my "boys" are over at my parents house, she thinks she has to, but it seems like nature has taken its course, so I don't believe that it is necessary

• ronnny

Keep the posterior snipped so that your dog will not get it in its hair and you will be ok.

• Sooner

If it makes you feel better you could get some baby wipes and wipe him.