How can I modify a computer power supply to use for powering a solderless breadboard for projects?

I'm trying to use a surplus computer power supply to use on my breadboard for projects but I can't figure out how to get it to sense an action to power up. I'm trying to not go out and buy a regulated power supply from Fry's for @ $30-50. I probably have like 4 power supplies laying around, so... show more I'm trying to use a surplus computer power supply to use on my breadboard for projects but I can't figure out how to get it to sense an action to power up. I'm trying to not go out and buy a regulated power supply from Fry's for @ $30-50. I probably have like 4 power supplies laying around, so I'm just trying to put them to use instead of throwing them out. Or, Where do I go on-line to talk to someone find that kind of information?