Help me. Depressed and sad. Im 14.?

Something going on at home. Im very depressed and sad. My brother smokes and does bad habits so he left the house. We want him back but he wont come. I miss him terribly and I'm very sensitive, I can't take him being away from me for more than a day, but hes been gone for a week. I was talking on MSN to him, and he said stop contacting me, and my mother told me to tell him to f**k off; and he said "even you -[my name]-

That really made me cry, and my whole family is in a weird atmosphere, and they give me grief when they see me upset/crying.

I feel so sad.. Anyway of helping me cope? Im 14.

Favorite Answer

Well for starters...

Why ask this group?

You need to talk to your parents or a counselor at school. Depression is a very serious issue to deal with and doing it alone is more dangerous. Find someone you can talk to. Start there. Talk with your parents about how you are feeling as well. You need to understand your brother may have depression issues as well. Mom and Dad may \be having a hard time accepting that. You are smart to wonder and to start looking for help. Please talk to a counselor at school that you trust.

there is no easy way to deal with this. don't take it personally i'm sure your brother didn't leave because of you. If he has bad habits then chances are that they have been there for some time. again, it is not your fault. if your family can't understand why you are so upset, then try telling them. even if they give you grief. you are fourteen, focus on other things in your life and you'll be able to get through this thing. good luck.

you may want to see a counselor or other professional. sorry.

• grandm

Depression can be really bad, and it sounds like your entire family has major issues. You might want to consider talking with your school counselor; depression, untreated, can leave you in a very bad place. There's no shame in asking for help, and you need to do that right now. If you're uncomfortable talking to a counselor, at least find an adult you feel comfortable talking with, don't keep all of these feelings inside. Things will get better for you, but you do need to talk about what's going on in your life. Good luck!

You poor child. It sounds like your own parents don't even care about your feelings. I wish I could help you more. If your brother doesn't want contact with you, I'm sorry to say you should stop. What might help you, is...... Get a journal, each day write how you feel about your brother. When he opens his eyes to how he is hurting you, he'll be sorry, then let him see the journal and he realize how much you DO love him. It will also make you feel better when your feelings are written down. The thing is, write exactly how you feel, don't go back and change anything after it is written. Good luck.

Source(s): Experience

Do this today.Talk to a professional quickly. You must realize they make their decisions as you make yours. Your asking what to do says you are bright and sensitive and desire a better life. Many people have to struggle with some hindrances of other family members and still go on to meet their dream. Do you have a dreams for yourself? If not decide several and write them down today.

If you can not see a doctor call a Contact number in your community. You need a counselor to hear your thoughts for awhile.

Sometimes people do not know how to respond to sensitive people or things they can not change.

You are in a very tough situation, and if your parents are not going to be more supportive of you, you will have to get help from someone else. It may not be easy resolving the dispute your brother is having with your family, but you need to be able to express your feelings in order to learn to cope with them. Talk to your school counselor, or to an adult you feel you can trust. Tell them what's happening and how you are feeling.

sweetheart, right now theres just some bad blood between your family and your brother. he's probably just as upset as you are and your mom telling him that isn't going to help. Give it some time, he will come around. Just ignore it when people talk badly about him, and if you feel like you need to talk to him, keep a notebook and write him a letter, when you see him, he'll realize how much you missed him and need him by all the letters.

I am so sorry that this is happening to you. You need to find someone to talk to, a school counselor, your minister, a friend or friends parent. DON'T try to handle this alone. Remember that your parents are probably upset that your brother left too. But that is no excuse for not being there as a support for you.

agree with the others, go to your school counselor. healing goes under a lot of processes. there's depression, anger, etc. BE STRONG. For now, don't let that weird atmosphere affect you. You're still in school, so be careful. GO TO YOUR SCHOOL COUNSELOR. or someone you're close too, maybe some other relatives can help. you're aunt or uncle. Eventually you'll be healed. If you're a catholic or a christian THEN PRAY. (hey i'm a catholic, so I'll be praying for you and your family, Godspeed)

Unfortunately kiddo you sound like the most responsible person in that household. It's a heavy hat to wear for one of your age. It sounds like a dilemma for your brother and parents to solve (they are just too blind to see it's involving you too). If you can, let your parents know how you feel about all of this and how it is affecting you. If you can't, is there someone at school you trust? A teacher, Coach, a counselor perhaps?