Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

An example of Actor- Observer effect ? Psychology?

Hi, i would want to an example of a way your own

relationships have been affected by your own use of the “actor/observer effect. And what does actor observer effect means?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • dh1977
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I believe the term you are looking for is the actor-perceiver bias. This means that any behavior that is observed by others has two attributions, the attribution of a person who performed the behavior (the actor) and the attribution of someone who witnessed the behavior (the perceiver). Here is an example. A person is stopped for speeding. In the role of the actor, you are more likely to make an external attribution, saying to yourself "I was stopped because my speedometer doesn't work right." Perceivers are more likely to make internal attributions, thinking that the driver was stopped for speeding because he was reckless and didn't believe the law applied to him.

So, to simplify it...the actor blames the outside world, the perceiver blames the person performing the act.

Source(s): ,
    • Login to reply the answers
  • lembo
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Define Actor Observer Effect

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

An example of Actor- Observer effect ? Psychology?

Hi, i would want to an example of a way your own

relationships have been affected by your own use of the “actor/observer effect. And what does actor observer effect means?

Source(s): actor observer effect psychology: https://shortly.im/7RaFd
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.