Which of these writers is the most overrated of all time?

You can only pick from the list

Peter Benchley

JK Rowling

HG Wells

Stephen King

Herman Mellvile

Jules Verne

Edgar Allen Poe

William Burrows

Hunter S Thompson

Joseph Conrad

Favorite Answer

Hunter S. Thompson. I honestly don't know how he managed to permeate the literary scene. What, he documented his drug induced escapades? So Friggin' What? He coined the word "gonzo journalism". Whoop De Friggin' Doo...I am exceeedingly perplexed why you have these other authors listed. Most of them are my favorites, especially Jules Verne and H.G. Wells. I can understand that some, like Stephen King, have many books to their name and may be considered "over rated' but I would have to disagree with him. Even JK Rowlings, though I never read her Potter books, I would have to defend. The only choice for me is Thompson..sorry, he was just a bloated, bald headed freak of nature who got his dope induced writings aired in Rolling Stone for no other reason because he.....was stoned.

Without a doubt, JK Rowling gets my vote. She doesnt even belong on the same list with Conrad, Melville, Burrows, Poe, Verne, Wells and Thompson. Pax - C

• Autumn

Who is William Burrows? Did you mean William S. Burroughs? Author of Junkie?

I'd say JK Rowling is the most overrated of this list.

Burrows, Thompson and Conrad. That is in terms of writing. Each has, however, contributed something unique to culture.

• galle

i in my view dont think of Crawford is overrated in any respect. Hes one in all my well known gamers. overrated is basically too relative to be confident. I dont think of theres a participant thats like way overrated yet some men that i dont think of are as solid as ppl think of they are are... Zito-stated it in the past this twelve months....HE SUCKS Andruw Jones-His protection is overrated by using fact he could make the flashy performs. His bat is likewise no longer the place it replaced into.

Herman Melville

• idgaf

JK Rowling

I would have to agree with enbsayshello. Even though I thought the book Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas was hilarious, I can't say Thompson is a true literary genius or anything.

JK Rowling

J K Rowling