Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

Do Republicans have any chance of winning the presidency in '08?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

only if they catch bin laden wearing a suicide vest right before he presses the button...

but then again, in the view of repubs, who cares about bin whats his name anyway

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, I do not believe that they do. This country is clearly ready for a regime change, and the Republicans haven't done anything to change that majority opinion. They continue making excuses for the stink of corruption coming from the White House, and they're not even giving the old college try to do something about this war. When September comes and the surge still isn't working, will those Republicans who gave Bush notice stick to their guns and oppose him? Even if they do, it's probably too little too late. Bush is determined to keep this war going and hand it off to the next President. He has effectively handed the election to the Democrats by doing that. This country isn't going to hand the keys to the hen house to yet another Republican fox to fix the first fox's mistakes.

Right now the Repubs are falling into an emotional puddle of thankfulness that Fred Thompson is going to run. What's funny is that I've seen several people say "even the Democrats like him.? WHAT? Thompson is so far right wing that he's going to drive all the Independents right over to the Democratic Party and further ensure a victory for the Democrats. Most of them don't even know the first thing about his platform and they're still creaming their jeans. Can you say Desperation? I thought ya could...

• 3 years ago

properly, the President in 2008 would be a Christian and specific a Republican, yet no longer "fundamentalist" interior the experience of somebody who desires to work out the ten commandments replace the form. So it is going to be somebody like Bush, with a bit of luck. additionally like Reagan, lower back, with a bit of luck. in part it relies upon on how loads of a probability IslamoNazism nonetheless poses. while the chips are down, united statesa. will choose somebody with good ideals in faith and the conservative concepts of the Founding Fathers. while issues do no longer likely look to count -- as interior the 90s, after the Berlin Wall got here down -- we would be goofy and choose some non-severe individual who has hardship telling the reality approximately something.

• 1 decade ago

Absolutely. I believe it will come down to two moderate individuals from both parties who can swing the middle vote. That is key for either party to win. The sad thing is none of them are going to have the answers we need to hear. For instance:

There is no quick way to address Global Warming without impacting our way of life drastically.

There is no way to withdraw from Iraq without incurring more casualties than we have already. Meaning that in the weeks of the withdrawal the number of dead soldiers will be higher than during the whole occupation. That is the just a logistical reality of war.

There is no way to fix Social Security without either major tax increases, cuts in government services, or cuts in benifits.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ron Paul is the only Republican that has any chance of winning and that is because he is a Libertarian at heart. He is one of the few candidates that wants to reduce government spending that has gotten totally out of control.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sorry, but not in my oppion.

To me, We can have a healthier

world if a demo was chosen.

Over 90% of our rulers were demo anyway!

We need to start that back,or we're gonna be

in big time boiling water in the environment& world!

-Mrs.Sarah

• 1 decade ago

Ron Paul looks like an outstanding candidate, and I've voted Democratic the last 4 elections. I'm seriously considering voting for him.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They need to find some to run who can win, so far the answers no

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

At the rate the democrats are going, it's a very strong possibility.

• 1 decade ago

If the American people continue to be sorely uninformed on the issues-no. They will vote for the party that promises more taxes on the evil rich and the party that promises that big government will take care of their thinking for them.

• 1 decade ago

Sure. A very good 1 as a matter of fact, especially if Dems nominate Hillary Clinton.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.