Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
College student who cant afford a nice date, any ideas?
I work to pay for school and ever since I have started school It feels like my social life has come to a stop. I have a couple girls in mind who I would love to take out and have a good time, but everything I can think of cost money and more than I want to spend. Can any one give me some cheap but nice date ideas? Thanks
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
If you don't have the money to commit to a couple dates then you don't have money to commit to additional dates or relationships if things work. I'd stick to pointless sex at the college campus parties until you can afford a girl. They're incredibly expensive.
- Dog MamaLv 41 decade ago
Some of the most memorable dates I've had have been those that were thoughtful. A nice early evening picnic or lunch with a loaf of french baguette bread and some sharp cheddar cheese, a cheap bottle of Merlot (red) wine and a bunch of red seedless grapes withy the radio playing in the back ground. Now, how romantic is that - then come home to a nice rental DVD chick flick. Now just use your imagination, and go from there. Then next date, you could cook speggettie diner, and ask her to bring the movie.
OR, cook her dinner, what ever your speciallty. But clear out the living room a bit, find some good slow and fast dancing music, and dance the night away, with cocktails served and maybe raw veggies with dip, etc.
There are lots of things you could do. You sound like a very repsonsible young man, and there are plenty of girls looking for a companion, and not a "moneybag man". And after all, you don't want the later anyway - cause when the money is gone, they are gone too.
Live Truth, Live Love, and Love to Live.
- webhead28Lv 61 decade ago
Hey, Zak. All depends on what you mean by "nice" and also on the type of girls you've got on your list of possibilities. If they're high maintenance type chicks then forget about them. No offence, but by your own admission you can't afford them.
Also depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Are you looking to date just to have fun with different women? Are you looking for a serious girlfriend? Or do you just want to get laid? In case its the latter, then don't bother investing too much time or money into the venture. Instead, ask around to find out who's having a party (Its summertime and there's lots of those happening everywhere now). Then all you have to do is invite her to the party as your date, get her a little tipsy, make out with her enough to get her into the mood, then take her back to your place and finish the job. If, on the other hand, you are looking for a steady girl then consider the following:
Here's the truth about college life and dating---everybody is broke most of the time---unless you're attending some Ivy League school where everybody comes from families that have a lot of $$$. So, most college women don't expect you to have a lot of money to spend on expensive dates anyway.
That being said, now let's work out a plan for you.
1. First, from your list of possible dates, choose the ones who aren't too fussy about stuff. And make the 'ask'.
2. Offer to take her out some place where you can stretch out the evening without spending too much $$$.
3. Dinner at an inexpensive local restaurant isn't a bad idea, as long as the tab won't come to more than $20 (including the tip). Most college towns have plenty of cheap nearby restaurants that you can go to. If you decide to do the dinner thing make a list of interesting conversation topics to discuss while your eating. There's nothing worse than sitting and staring at each other on a boring dinner date and having nothing to say.
4. A movie may seem like a less expensive alternative, but it isn't necessarily so. You'll need between $8 to $10 for each movie ticket, plus money to buy popcorn, sodas or bottled water, and candy (which ain't cheap in a movie theater these days). If you decide on a movie make sure it is a chick-movie like a romantic comedy or some type of melodramatic story like the garbage on the Lifetime channel. Women LOVE this type of stuff. the good thing about going to a movie is that you can talk about it afterwards when you take her to the (inexpensive) coffee shop down the street from the movie theater.
5. And, speaking of coffee shops, there's a Starbucks on every corner these days. And most of them have these really cool outside terraces where you can sit down have an inexpensive snack and a coupla lattes, do some people watching, and talk. Great place to take a girl out on a date!
5. A date out at a nightclub is a terrible idea because the cover charge, drinks, and tips, can add up to a lot, and a dance club is a terrible place to try to have any type of conversation with a girl anyway (loud music and smoke). Besides, if the girl is really hot you can be sure there's gonna be at least a few drunk guys trying to hit on her and stealing your action. Unless, of course, you're a big muscle guy who can scare them off.
6. Get a copy of the free local entertainment rag or college paper (every college has one) and look for free cultural events that you could take her to, like art festivals, poetry slams, etc...any 'artsy' type of thing that chicks usually go for.
5. If you have a car then don't forget gas money, and if you don't have a car, then remember to have a few bucks aside for cab fare. Better still if you can do a venue that you can walk to. Or, if you live in a place like New York City then you can easily get to anywhere on the trains for cheap.
- Randy GLv 71 decade ago
Look in the newspaper or on the Internet for free local events (like festivals, free concerts, etc.). Some parks offer dancing for free, or at least cheaply, if you don't mind doing something unusual, like square dancing or contra dancing (at least it is novel, and makes for a memorable date for that very reason).
Bike riding, in-line skating, or nature hikes in the park are free. A picnic in the park would be cheep, without actually looking cheep (cheap food, once placed in a picnic basket, if done right, suddenly becomes very romantic).
Going to museums, or walking through artsy, historic, or interesting parts of town is free.
Bowling, or playing billiards should be cheep.
Think outside the box. You can probably think of plenty of free stuff to do.
Or don't go on a date at all. Invite a girl to go with you while you are doing stuff that you would normally be doing anyway, like going to the mall to go shopping with you. You were probably going shopping for something for yourself anyway. so why not invite your favorite girl along to help you pick out clothes (at least you are spending time together, and you get free wardrobe advice)?
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 5 years ago
Another possibility, likely in conjunction with a payment plan is some sort of diversion/probation/sis (suspended imposition of sentence) whereby you will pay a "civil forfeiture" that is usually the fine and court costs total but if you make your payments on time and have no further violation for a given period (1 year is usual in most states) then the violation doesn't appear on your driving record as far as insurance checks are concerned. It does show up when a law enforcement officer runs your DL.
- 1 decade ago
You could make a cheap dinner for her at home. You could make it romantic with like candles and stuff like that. You could watch a movie you own at home or rent a movie. Another idea might be going for a walk in the park or going to the beach if there is one nearby. Hope these suggestions help you.
- 1 decade ago
Coffee shop near your place, nice walk back to your place...put in a movie and don't watch it.
I'm in college too and I honestly can't afford expensive dates. That's good because most college girls don't want that anyways. Hell, no woman really wants that...she just wants to be with YOU.
Money shouldn't be an issue.
Except when buying condoms, then splurge and get the good quality lubrication ones!
- jeeperamyjoLv 41 decade ago
Go on a bike ride and take a picnic, or maybe a hike. My friend and I used to go bowling once a week because for $5 you could bowl for an hour and that included shoes and the lane. Maybe there is a place like that?
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Rent movies and/or eat in at your dorm/apartment/house. Go for a walk on a beach and pack a homemade picninc (lol cliche I know but free!), go to the movies during matinee hours (usually before 5pm), go for a drink during happy hour, look up local places in your area where admission is free and go there, ride bikes/skate together, invite her over to play cards or board games. Hope I helped!
- Mario NLv 41 decade ago
well... a dinner and a movie is what i have in mind but... a restauraunt dinner might not fit in your budget... soi maybe bring her to your house and make her a nice home cooked meal and then you can gpo to the movies... or maybe just rent a movie and watch it at home... or you could always ask her to help you make a good lunch and then go out to the park and have a picnic with the meal you made