How much to pay a college tutor?

Hey all,

A friend of mine is getting personal tutoring for 1hr/week from a college prof this summer. The prof is a family friend and doesn't want to charge him, but we were thinking it's only reasonable. How much should he pay a college-level tutor for 1hr/week?

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

How much to pay a college tutor? To be honest with you, it really depends on a couple of factors. For example, what credentials the tutor has. Also, it depends on the area you are located in. If it's in a bigger city then you can expect higher rates since there will be more people who require tutoring services (the old supply and demand theory!). If you live in a more affluent neighborhood, you could also be charged more.

All said, hiring a private tutor for one-on-one tutoring is still the best way to go. However, if money is an issue, you can opt for online tutoring instead. Try some online tutoring services like:

http://www.tuitionplaza.com/tutoring/ - tutoring by retired teachers and volunteers (free)

http://www.tutor.com - tutoring by professional tutors (not free)

... and many more (use search engine). Think outside the box and you'll have more options. Good luck!

Tutoring prices depends on a variety of factors. The tutor's qualification, credentials, credibility and their ability to teach are perhaps the most important factors. So more experience tutors charge a higher fee. So it would usually be around $50 per hour. If you're looking for lower priced alternatives you could try online tutoring services such as classof1.

I currently work as a math tutor at my college and I'm still a student. The school pays me $11/hr. I also do private tutoring. I charge anywhere from $15 to $25 per hour depending on difficulty leve.\l. Algebra tutoring I charge $15. Calculus $25

Depends on the course... it can range from $50-$200 depending on the course, the level tought, and the tutor's credentials. From a college prof... you're looking at at least $100.

The questions are: Are there any positions offering extra? Will the advantages of being a show outweigh the cons of the wages? and finally, are you a pupil then? through fact $7 won't be plenty, besides the fact that it incredibly is actual extra efficient than not something.